Trying to Convert VHS to DVD

Sandygramms

Question

While trying to upload a VHS tape to Roxio Creator 2009 Video-Movies, Import, Capture Video using USB 2861 Device, I get the following error:

"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program ...2009 Special Edition\MediaImport11\MediaCapture11.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Contact the application's support team."

I have Windows Vista.

I called Roxio and they told me to do the following, which I have already done, but I'm still getting the same error message.

1. Installed a new USB Capture Device driver

2. Updated to the latest version of Direct X from the Microsoft website

3. Updated my video drivers

4. Disabled conflicting programs by:

4.) Disable conflicting programs, by following the following instructions:

For Windows Vista: Click on the Vista start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.

Type MSCONFIG in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.

For Windows XP:

a. Click on the "Start" button and select "Run".

b. Type "msconfig" and click on the "OK" button or press the "Enter" key.

c. Select the "Startup" tab over on the right side.

d. Write down which items are checked, and then click on the "Disable All" button in the lower right corner of the screen.

e. Click on the "Apply" button.

f. Select the "Services" tab.

g. Put a check mark in the box beside of "Hide all Microsoft Services" WARNING NOT CHECKING THIS BOX FIRST COULD CAUSE A WINDOWS COMPONENT TO BE DISABLED.

Now click disable all and Recheck the ROXIO 11 components.

h. Click on the "Apply" button and then click on "OK".

i. Click "YES" to restart the computer.

j. When you reach the Desktop, you may receive a message saying "you have used the "System Configuration Utility" to make changes to your system....", you get this message, simply place a checkmark in a box on the lower left side titled, "Do not show me this message again" and click on the "OK" button.

I've used this program once before, and it worked. I'm just not sure why it's not working now. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandy

Edited by Sandygramms

1 answer to this question

While trying to upload a VHS tape to Roxio Creator 2009 Video-Movies, Import, Capture Video using USB 2861 Device, I get the following error:

"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program ...2009 Special Edition\MediaImport11\MediaCapture11.exe

Install the latest device drivers for your PC (go to the vendors support web site), also run Windows update to ensure the MSCPP library is up-to-par.

Just for kicks, run a memory diagnostics -- see the owner's guide for details.

Lastly, ensure your harddrive has ample disk space (at least 100 GB) and is properly defragmented! (PerfectDisk, DiskKeeper, SpeedDisk, etc. come to mind)

Hope this helps.