• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Software Not Found

J.J.K.

Question

This is my post to the forum which I'm beginning to see is something of a necessity if I stand a chance of having my problem solved! Having installed the video capture card the first thing I realised was that I had to search out and download a driver update. That done I made my first of several attempts at capturing a video. Like others on this forum I managed to get audio but no video, just a 'no signal'. So far as I can tell everything is set up correctly. All the correctly coloured wires in all the right places. I've tried reinstalling several times.

Then I downloaded the patch in the hope this might help. It might, but when I try to run it I get a 'software not found' message.

I'd appreciate some help please. Not sure if it's significant but I'm running on Vista.

7 answers to this question

This is my post to the forum which I'm beginning to see is something of a necessity if I stand a chance of having my problem solved! Having installed the video capture card the first thing I realised was that I had to search out and download a driver update. That done I made my first of several attempts at capturing a video. Like others on this forum I managed to get audio but no video, just a 'no signal'. So far as I can tell everything is set up correctly. All the correctly coloured wires in all the right places. I've tried reinstalling several times.

Then I downloaded the patch in the hope this might help. It might, but when I try to run it I get a 'software not found' message.

I'd appreciate some help please. Not sure if it's significant but I'm running on Vista.

The message that the software wasn't found, means your software already has the patch installed.

Now, read ALL of the pinned posts, above your thread, and just below the Important Topics, heading.

The message that the software wasn't found, means your software already has the patch installed.

Now, read ALL of the pinned posts, above your thread, and just below the Important Topics, heading.

That solves the problem of the patch. I took the trouble to read the pinned posts, and some others, before I posted my thread. Perhaps I'm looking for too simple an answer but I'm just trying to establish why I can't see images but can get audio. I've seen a post about using alternative cables, might that be a viable option?

Incidentally, it may be unrelated but when I used the software to check for updates I got this message:

'The Software Manager does not recognize this product. Please contact your software vendor for updates to this product. Error 13003: Version Not Registered with the FLEXnet Connect'.

Edited by J.J.K.

Incidentally, it may be unrelated but when I used the software to check for updates I got this message:

'The Software Manager does not recognize this product. Please contact your software vendor for updates to this product. Error 13003: Version Not Registered with the FLEXnet Connect'.

That means that whatever software you have installed [and you haven't told us that yet] is not registered with the company which provides updates on demand to Sonic/Roxio users.

It depends on what the name and version of your software is, as to whether that message from the Software Manager is an error or a statement of fact.

That means that whatever software you have installed [and you haven't told us that yet] is not registered with the company which provides updates on demand to Sonic/Roxio users.

It depends on what the name and version of your software is, as to whether that message from the Software Manager is an error or a statement of fact.

This is the thread for Easy VHS to DVD & that's the software/application/whatever I'm talking about. I opened it, clicked 'help' saw the option for checking for updates and I clicked this. That's when I saw the message previously posted (I have registered the product). But will this have any bearing on my ability to capture images?

Edited by J.J.K.

This is the thread for Easy VHS to DVD & that's the software/application/whatever I'm talking about. I opened it, clicked 'help' saw the option for checking for updates and I clicked this. That's when I saw the message previously posted (I have registered the product). But will this have any bearing on my ability to capture images?

But we can’t go by where you post! You can post anywhere, so the Title or the Forum is useless for determining that.

You also said you installed ”…the video capture card…”. Since Roxio has never made a Video Capture Card that makes your posting very suspect, hence the questions…

If we give you the wrong fix based on assumptions and it wrecks your computer, my guess is you will not be happy about it :o

So, assuming you have V2D w/SP2, your Audio only symptoms point to your SCART adapter…

I have never seen one but some info exists indicating that a Yellow or Green “Ring” is incompatible for output. Likewise there are some that are Switchable between Input and Output. Look here – Wikipedia

If you take your cable to any electronics store and tell them what you are doing, I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Please let us know how that works out.

But we can’t go by where you post! You can post anywhere, so the Title or the Forum is useless for determining that.

You also said you installed ”…the video capture card…”. Since Roxio has never made a Video Capture Card that makes your posting very suspect, hence the questions…

If we give you the wrong fix based on assumptions and it wrecks your computer, my guess is you will not be happy about it :o

So, assuming you have V2D w/SP2, your Audio only symptoms point to your SCART adapter…

I have never seen one but some info exists indicating that a Yellow or Green “Ring” is incompatible for output. Likewise there are some that are Switchable between Input and Output. Look here – Wikipedia

If you take your cable to any electronics store and tell them what you are doing, I am sure they can point you in the right direction.

Please let us know how that works out.

O.K. This will be my last post because I'm simply fed up with it all. I concede the points that I should have said video capture USB, not 'card'. I also agree that I'd rather not have my computer wrecked as you suggest. But why do I come away from all this feeling that I'm somehow at fault? I'm not a computer genius and I clearly use some of the wrong terminology, but at the end of the day all I want to do is transfer some cherished video's to DVD. I purchased a product that, on the face of it, suggests this is an easy task. It isn't. I just feel something is wrong that having paid for this product I then have to spend hours trying to find answers. I can understand the need for a software update but there seem too many hurdles to jump with this product.

I also feel the tone of responses on this 'support' forum is double-edged. On the one hand there is a sense of it being my responsibility to read every bit of information that has been pinned and to understand and interpret this. If I get it wrong or can't quite make the associations I get rebuked by capitalised and/or emboldened letters, which I've always understood to be the web equivalent of shouting (no doubt that's wrong too).

I feel very sorry for others like me who will buy this product. I just don't feel it is fit for purpose.