Rebada

Error 000D

Question

I cannot instell Creator 2010 on a dell laptop (inspiron E1705) running Windows XP Media Center Edition, service pack 3.

I get the error code 000D.

I purchased a physical disc from Roxio, and it arrived today in a crushed DVD box, and the disc was dislodged from the core in the box. I do not see obvious damage to the disc, and I have tried other tips mentioned in other threads here regarding install issues. They have not worked. I've tried copying the disc to my hard drive to install, I've tried a clean install. Nothing works. I have submitted a message to support asking about downloading, but have not heard yet.

Thank you for any help.

Rebada

5 answers to this question

Read the following thread, and follow the steps in the 2nd post of the thread.

If you can't copy the files, from the disc, to your computer, then the disc may be defective.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...code+000D\

Please come back, and let us know whether or not it works for you. The poster, having problems, in the thread, did not have the common courtesy to come back and let folks know if he is up and running.

Read the following thread, and follow the steps in the 2nd post of the thread.

If you can't copy the files, from the disc, to your computer, then the disc may be defective.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...code+000D\

Please come back, and let us know whether or not it works for you. The poster, having problems, in the thread, did not have the common courtesy to come back and let folks know if he is up and running.

Hi,

That is where I started....on that exact thread. has not helped. The final reference says to manually extract the exe file...is that in reference to a zipped file?

I'm not sure what else to do. I just can't install. I did copy the files to my hard drive, but I get the same error.

Hi,

That is where I started....on that exact thread. has not helped. The final reference says to manually extract the exe file...is that in reference to a zipped file?

I'm not sure what else to do. I just can't install. I did copy the files to my hard drive, but I get the same error.

Extracting the files is if you have the downloaded file, which you don't, so ignore that.

Now, let's take it from the beginning. Prior to trying to install, did you shut down all processes that you have running at startup, DISABLE your antivirus, then try to install?

It is possible, and I think probable, that you disc is bad. Contact Roxio Customoer Service, on Monday, and let them know what condition the software arrrived in.

Edited by grandpabruce

Now, let's take it from the beginning. Prior to trying to install, did you shut down all processes that you have running at startup, DISABLE your antivirus, then try to install?

Yes, I shut down all processes, and disabled antivirus.

I also tried a clean install, and used the microsoft installer cleaner. I'm at a loss

update....my husband checked the disc with a flashlight, and there is a single spot of light that shows through in the middle of the disc.

Thanks for your help...

Rebada

Edited by Rebada

000D also means that the hard drive might be full. Check your computer and remove any unwanted programs. If you have any OEM software, remove that as well and try again.