Question

15 answers to this question

i have a home movie saved on my computer

i want to burn it to a dvd-rw

when i press burn it gives me a message "no burner available"

no drives come up to select...

help

Do your drives show in My Computer?

If so click #7 in my signature....7. Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Full Installer.

Download it to a folder you make on your desk top, unzip it in the folder, double click on 'pxengine3_00_58a.exe', when it's done reboot the PC and see if you have a drive to burn to...

cd

Do your drives show in My Computer?

If so click #7 in my signature....7. Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Full Installer.

Download it to a folder you make on your desk top, unzip it in the folder, double click on 'pxengine3_00_58a.exe', when it's done reboot the PC and see if you have a drive to burn to...

cd

I now have the drives showing up ... thx

However when i put in the dvd-rw and press burn it says the drive is empty

i tried both drives and it gives me the same message

I now have the drives showing up ... thx

However when i put in the dvd-rw and press burn it says the drive is empty

i tried both drives and it gives me the same message

Sounds like your DVD RW is not empty or you formatted it with some utility?

Try a NEW DVD - + R and see what happens...

cd

Sounds like your DVD RW is not empty or you formatted it with some utility?

Try a NEW DVD - + R and see what happens...

cd

i replaced the dvd-rw with a fresh one and it still is reading ...drive is empty...sigh

Edited by Suda

i replaced the dvd-rw with a fresh one and it still is reading ...drive is empty...sigh

A fresh what?

What application of the C2010 suite displays this "drive is empty...sigh"?

That is the version of the software your using 'Roxio Creator 2010 released August this year'?

cd

A fresh what?

What application of the C2010 suite displays this "drive is empty...sigh"?

That is the version of the software your using 'Roxio Creator 2010 released August this year'?

cd

i bought and downloaded the roxio creator 2010 10-31-09. should be the newest version

I put in a new dvd-rw into the top drive ... i am working out of create a dvd ....pulled up my project & selected burn this project...i checked BURN and it gives me the message ...drive empty...i went thru the same steps using my second drive and receive the same message... HELP

Edited by Suda

i bought and downloaded the roxio creator 2010 10-31-09. should be the newest version

I put in a new dvd-rw into the top drive ... i am working out of create a dvd ....pulled up my project & selected burn this project...i checked BURN and it gives me the message ...drive empty...i went thru the same steps using my second drive and receive the same message...

Do you have a DVD - + R?

DVD-RW is a odd duck, I wouldn't buy any, never have...

DVD Drive firmware doesn't support DVD-RW very good.

Look in Device manager and list your Drives like they show.

post-97-1257094438.jpg

cd

DVD/CD-ROM DRIVES

_NEC DVD+RW ND-3100AD

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E

All our home DVD's are minus R or RW as that is what works in the BOSE. It does not read plus DVD's

We have burn before ...but now can not...argh

HELP if you can...thx

DVD/CD-ROM DRIVES

_NEC DVD+RW ND-3100AD

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E

All our home DVD's are minus R or RW as that is what works in the BOSE. It does not read plus DVD's

We have burn before ...but now can not...argh

HELP if you can...thx

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E is only a DVD-Rom player, not a burner...

NEC DVD+RW ND-3100AD is a DVD + R / + RW burner and will never burn to a - R or - RW disc!

NEC 3100A specs.... http://www.myce.com/cd-dvd-writers/NEC-ND-3100A-582/specs/

cd

WOW!!!

so when DELL replaced our old drivers they must have taken away our negative r/rw burning ability this summer?????

REALLY we have burned a ton of negative DVD's...just not since the new drivers were put in...

As you noted I went ahead and put the plus DVD in and it is burning from the NEC driver...which we can use in the exercise room.

So do I call DELL and ask for burning capability or is there another way...I can download & follow directions but my replacing parts is limited as I am not a Geek of any sort. Would like to be able to continue to view our negative DVD's on the BOSE as it is connected to the biggest TV screen.

Please advise...you have been the MOST helpful person yet...the last guy that replied to me in Feb admonished me for "Computer 101" questions...hey we all started from nothing .....

Any way Thank You!!!

Edited by Suda

WOW!!!

so when DELL replaced our old drivers they must have taken away our negative r/rw burning ability this summer?????

REALLY we have burned a ton of negative DVD's...just not since the new drivers were put in...

As you noted I went ahead and put the plus DVD in and it is burning from the NEC driver...which we can use in the exercise room.

So do I call DELL and ask for burning capability or is there another way...I can download & follow directions but my replacing parts is limited as I am not a Geek of any sort. Would like to be able to continue to view our negative DVD's on the BOSE as it is connected to the biggest TV screen.

Please advise...you have been the MOST helpful person yet...the last guy that replied to me in Feb admonished me for "Computer 101" questions...hey we all started from nothing .....

Any way Thank You!!!

I don't have any idea what drivers you downloaded from Dell!

The burner probably did burn DVD's, just + R / + RW DVD's..

Try a + R DVD, is that a problem?

cd

Guess I am not asking my question properly.

You previously defined what each of my CD/DVD drivers can do from the info i gave you from my Device Mgr.

Now if I want one of them to be able to burn onto negative DVD's (as it did in the past) as well positive what is my next step.

DELL came to my house this summer and replaced the hardware for the CD/DVD tray as they both went caput.

It seems they have taken away our ability to burn on to a negative DVD...

Do I have to deal with DELL or is there a download I can do online?

Guess I am not asking my question properly.

You previously defined what each of my CD/DVD drivers can do from the info i gave you from my Device Mgr.

Now if I want one of them to be able to burn onto negative DVD's (as it did in the past) as well positive what is my next step.

DELL came to my house this summer and replaced the hardware for the CD/DVD tray as they both went caput.

It seems they have taken away our ability to burn on to a negative DVD...

Do I have to deal with DELL or is there a download I can do online?

Yes contact Dell and ask what they did.

Ask what burner is in your PC and the specs for that burner, what disc's will it burn to..

cd

Yes contact Dell and ask what they did.

Ask what burner is in your PC and the specs for that burner, what disc's will it burn to..

cd

Thank you for your patient guidance. I called DELL and sorted out the remainder of my hic-cups.

Have a great evening!

Sadie