Missing "Owned" sound files

oneeng

Question

I recently purchased, downloaded and installed Creator 2010 Pro. One of the features I was really looking forward to using was the music scoring and "mood" music.

I was a bit disappointed to find that this was accomplished through a 3rd party tool .... but I figured, I can work through it. I was even more disappointed when I couldn't find any music that I "owned" to work with.

Can someone tell me where all the music might be?

The only thing I did that was even remotely weird was that I downloaded the install files to my F: drive and installed the application on my C: drive.

Could someone tell me where the files are (or is it expected that I pay additional money to actually USE this feature)? It may be helpful if I knew the file extension of the music files that Sonicfire uses then perhaps I could find them on my hard drive(s) if they are in fact installed.

Another piece of information. I ordered the upgrade; however, since I upgraded from EMC9, I don't know if there was really much advantage to it. Still, it may be relevant to this issue.

6 answers to this question

I recently purchased, downloaded and installed Creator 2010 Pro. One of the features I was really looking forward to using was the music scoring and "mood" music.

I was a bit disappointed to find that this was accomplished through a 3rd party tool .... but I figured, I can work through it. I was even more disappointed when I couldn't find any music that I "owned" to work with.

Can someone tell me where all the music might be?

The only thing I did that was even remotely weird was that I downloaded the install files to my F: drive and installed the application on my C: drive.

Could someone tell me where the files are (or is it expected that I pay additional money to actually USE this feature)? It may be helpful if I knew the file extension of the music files that Sonicfire uses then perhaps I could find them on my hard drive(s) if they are in fact installed.

Another piece of information. I ordered the upgrade; however, since I upgraded from EMC9, I don't know if there was really much advantage to it. Still, it may be relevant to this issue.

You probably screwed it up by installing on a different drive. The program needs to know where the files are since it accesses then from Video Wave and Make DVD. On my computer, they are here: C:\programdata\SmartSound Software Inc\Sound Files

I found a directory with 2 .OGG files in it. "Hot and Spicy 22k" and "Island Party 22K". Is that the limit of what is included?

No, there are close to 30; they are not OGG files but have a sds extension. You may have a bad install, do a repair. Leave the files on your system drive this time.