• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install

adrienjp

Question

Well, I thought I was the only one out here with this problem but from the looks of these topics I am not. I bought this program in march and have not been able to use it but one time. I keep going to the website and putting in web tickets, but I keep getting the same answers all the time. I did everything they told me, with no luck.

My Problems is this, I installed it okay, now I have a few programs on my system that when I try to run them the installer tries to reinstall EMC8. If I cancle the intaller it does let me work on my system. If I let the installer do it's thing it gives me an erro message Error 1719. Any body have any Ideals?

I also have one more problem which is a little more serious. I have a problem when I boot up in the morning with a error message and it locks up my system. Sometimes I have to try ten to fifteen times before I can work. C++ runtime library terminated in an unusual way. They told me to update my permission in the registry which I did and nothing worked. It still happens, not every time, but I'm concerned that someday I wont be able to boot up my system. Anyone have any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

Why do folks assume that if you worked OK before the product install, but not after, that Windows is the problem? That's not even logical.

On the contrary, Windows will often limp along even when some things are not working 100%.

A user gets used to the subtle oddities he sees and assumes all is well.

Then one day you try a specific program and poof, it all falls apart.

On the contrary, Windows will often limp along even when some things are not working 100%.

A user gets used to the subtle oddities he sees and assumes all is well.

Then one day you try a specific program and poof, it all falls apart.

And even in that scenario it's the fault of the OS?

Take the analogy of a handicapped person who limps (the aforementioned problematic but functional OS.) He's doing his thing and getting around fine, dealing with his handicap and all is well with the world.

Then I (newly installed Roxio application) trip him.

It's his fault he goes crashing to the ground because he limped, not mine for tripping him?

Every time he tries to get up (reboots) I knock him down again...still his fault because he's handicapped, not mine for preventing him from getting back up?

Then I walk away (uninstall Roxio) but now I've crippled him so bad that even when I'm not there anymore he can't get back up.

It's still his fault and I share no blame?

Bill Gates' first law of IT troubleshooting:

If it works fine but you mess with it and it breaks, then obviously it needed replacing anyway.

:)

By googling for error 1719, I found all the results point to "Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"

I think this page gives you some good suggestions

I agree with you, I have went through this dame system and can not find anything else that wont work. I look at all the problems that people are haing with this program, and I guess I'm not alone. It's not a very stable program.

Why do folks assume that if you worked OK before the product install, but not after, that Windows is the problem? That's not even logical.

I agree with you, I have went through this dame system and can not find anything else that wont work. I look at all the problems that people are haing with this program, and I guess I'm not alone. It's not a very stable program.

I am wondering about the stability of the system in general. If you uninstall all of the Roxio software (make sure it does not show in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel) do you still get the C++ error? If so you may have to get Windows running like a well oiled machine before trying to add another applicaiton back into the mix.

I am wondering about the stability of the system in general....have to get Windows running like a well oiled machine before trying to add another applicaiton back into the mix.

Archived