Creator 2010 Special Edition Install Rollback on Win7 64bit

Tucker

Question

I am having trouble with installing Creator 2010 Special Edition on a Windows 7 64 bit Professional system. The install rolls back during the install of Creator 2009 Special Edition (the third step). .Net 3.5 SP1 and DirectX install phases have completed.

I am doing this on a clean install with Norton 360 AV disabled and all startup and non-MS services disabled. I have none of the Uninstall keys noted in this forum in my registry WOW node. I do not have the dsetup.dll module in the System32 folder.

I am installing from a single DVD and have been able to use it to successfully install on a Win 7 x86 test system as well as a Win 7 x64 test system. There just seems to be a conflict on the system that I really need to use C2010 on. The Win 7 x64 test system is on a partition on the same machine I am trying to install on, so my hardware seems to meet the min requirements.

Any help would be appreciated. I 'm sure the install logs hold the answer, but I can't make much sense out of them.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Thanks Big_Dave,

You know, Win7 comes with .NET 3.5 SP1 pre installed. I could try disabling the feature, but I'm still curious as to why C2010 installed ok on my Win 7 test system, also with .NET 3.5 SP1 pre-installed, but not on a similar Win 7 "production" system, both x64, Professional.

With the help of the Sonic folks, it was determined from the install logs that the install was failing because it could not unpack one of the .cab files. Using a different DVD drive on a different computer to copy the install files to a flash drive, and finally installing from that flash drive got around the problem.

So the problem seems to be that the media/DVD drive combination on my system are on the ragged edge of working together consistently.

Thanks for the help Sonic!