• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Just Installed Toast 7 - Questions on Add-ins?

sadiebeag

Question

I just installed Toast 7 Titanium on a G4 AGP with upgraded cpu and OX 10.4.6. When the program was downloading I remember seeing some comment that Deja Vue was being placed somewhere(?) but I didn't write it down and subsequently can't find it as an application in the OS. Where did it go? I used spotlight to find a DejaVue install document but when I used it to try to install DejaVue (again?), it failed. Did Deja Vue install somewhere? Also where is Divx? Is it an application or just an added format? I'm new to both OS X and Toast 7. Are all of the add-in programs developed and updated by other developer firms? Where do I find manuals that show how to use the add-ins? Any links to the developers or manuals available? I'm really interested in using CD Spin Dr to convert some old LP's to CD's. Do you need to use amplified outputs from the turntable (turntable and amp) or does the G4 accept the turntable outputs directly? I know the G4 supplied microphone does not provide any amplification but I'm not sure how the outputs (mic vs turntable cartridge) compare. Thanks for any help. :)

3 answers to this question

I just installed Toast 7 Titanium on a G4 AGP with upgraded cpu and OX 10.4.6. When the program was downloading I remember seeing some comment that Deja Vue was being placed somewhere(?) but I didn't write it down and subsequently can't find it as an application in the OS. Where did it go? I used spotlight to find a DejaVue install document but when I used it to try to install DejaVue (again?), it failed. Did Deja Vue install somewhere? Also where is Divx? Is it an application or just an added format? I'm new to both OS X and Toast 7. Are all of the add-in programs developed and updated by other developer firms? Where do I find manuals that show how to use the add-ins? Any links to the developers or manuals available? I'm really interested in using CD Spin Dr to convert some old LP's to CD's. Do you need to use amplified outputs from the turntable (turntable and amp) or does the G4 accept the turntable outputs directly? I know the G4 supplied microphone does not provide any amplification but I'm not sure how the outputs (mic vs turntable cartridge) compare. Thanks for any help. :)

Deja Vue should have been added to the system preferences window. I can't help you with your other questions.

You've come to the right place. There also are some good tutorials and tips in the Toast Knowledgebase.

When you open Toast for the first time it asks you if you want to install Deja Vu. Where you can find it is in System Preferences in the bottom of the window. When you click on it you'll also see a question mark which accesses its help manual. If it isn't there then you must have unchecked the box to install it. You can have Toast install it by choosing the Toast Setup Assistant under the Toast Help menu.

Divx is a format that can be read or written to using the Toast Video window. You'll see "Divx disc" as a format option.

The manuals for each application are in that application's Help menu. You also can read the Toast Getting Started Guide which is part of your download.

CD SpinDoctor does require your turntable to be connected to a preamp or receiver.

Archived