Program won't open

MouthCard

Question

ran the .exe installation for easy vhs to dvd on my pc running Vista home premium, SP-2. The installation completes but when I click on the desktop icon to open the program I get the small red Roxio box followed by an error message box titled:

RoxioCentral_45

"The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please re-install it"

I have uninstalled and re-loaded the software 3x with the same result each time.. (I did successfully install and open the program on another PC, same OS, but I dont want to use that computer for this purpose.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mouthcard

3 answers to this question

Make sure you follow this religiously

Yep. Did that, religiously. Now I can't even start my computer. Looks like I'll have to re-install the OS and that doesn't make me very happy at all. But i'm grateful because I'm still suckin' air and I have carbonite to get my files back.

Enough already. No Roxio product will EVER poison any computer I own. I know, mess with the registry at your own risk. I didn't want a boatload of trouble. Only wanted to convert some old tapes to DVD, that's all. Roxio should be ashamed for putting out such a garbage product. Never again. NEVER!

Yep. Did that, religiously. Now I can't even start my computer. Looks like I'll have to re-install the OS and that doesn't make me very happy at all. But i'm grateful because I'm still suckin' air and I have carbonite to get my files back.

Enough already. No Roxio product will EVER poison any computer I own. I know, mess with the registry at your own risk. I didn't want a boatload of trouble. Only wanted to convert some old tapes to DVD, that's all. Roxio should be ashamed for putting out such a garbage product. Never again. NEVER!

Hi MouthCard -

I would have responded sooner, but was on vacation...

I'm sorry that Firehancer's solution didn't work for you. I think this article that may have also helped you:

"Missing certificate file" error when attempting to run Creator 2010 applications

However, the clean install instructions have never caused a complete failure of an OS. They have been tested repeatedly by our engineers and customers alike with none of the issues you experienced.

Hopefully, you'll gave us another once you installed your OS as there may have been something else at play besides our software.

Jon