• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

help :(

purplepantsgirl

hello all, wondering if you could help me.

im trying to get images and video from my blackberry to my computer.

i connect my device to the computer and from the blackberry desktop manager main menu, select media. click 'launch' media manager, and nothing happens.

i have downloaded the roxio media manager and have managed to download some images before, although im not sure now as it appears to not be working anymore.

not sure what to do.

any help would be appreciated (and in simple terms so an idiot could understand!) :) thanks.

+edit.

this is also a pressing matter as i need some images & video for a project i am currently working on and it is very frustrating not being able to access these files i need.

:(

Edited by purplepantsgirl

Are your images/video on "device memory" or "memory card"?

in properties of the files i need to transfer its says they are stored in the media card

also now, when i click on 'launch' media manager a notification appears saying;

'MediaManager9 module has stopped working

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.'

this is really frustrating :(

in properties of the files i need to transfer its says they are stored in the media card

Do you have a memory card reader on your computer? If so, remove the memory card from the Blackberry and put it into the reader. Windows should ask you what you want to do with the files. I use that method for the memory cards on my Blackjack and on my Zen. It is usually faster than other methods.

If they are on a MicroSD media card then you can just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files from the removable drive.

i have a San Disc memory card inserted, but i didnt go into Windows Explorer before when i got files from my blackberry to the computer, the Roxio media manager worked fine. thats why i dont know why it isnt working anymore.

and my blackberry does not appear in the windows explorer whilst connected. :(

Do you have a memory card reader on your computer? If so, remove the memory card from the Blackberry and put it into the reader. Windows should ask you what you want to do with the files. I use that method for the memory cards on my Blackjack and on my Zen. It is usually faster than other methods.

noo i dont think so. its worked with the USB cable to my blackberry before so i just wondered why it isn't working anymore.

Apparently, the media card will be displayed as removable device and not as Blackberry device. If you are unable to see that under My Computer, I suggest doing a uninstall/re-install of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

i would but i haven't got the blackberry desktop manager CD that came with my blackberry, as i am currently at univercity and the CD is at home :(

in windows explorer i have nothing in any removable drives.

do you have any idea why microsoft is telling me that 'MediaManager9 Module has stopped working'?