FireCODER Blu

bill1

Question

Hi all. Have been creating blue ray discs in DVDit Pro HD lately but ever so slooooooooooowly due to the encoding from Edius. I have invested in the so called FireCODER Blue but need to know if any one out there has any problems with the encoded files for DVDit Pro HD, and allready there is a bug with even the new update for FireCODER Blu, when you encode out to an elementry stream, even though you have chosen ac3 codec for audio, it still gives you avi. Any experiments by others out there?

16 answers to this question

mpeg HD elementary streamd exported from Edius is faster than real time and DVDit accepts them without encoding

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/blu-ray-export.html

Hi Anton, forgot to mention that I am still using Edius 4.61 at the moment due to 1 older machine still has DV Storm so I have been holding out on the other 2 machines as well. 1 other machine has the NX card and when I activate the fireCODER it clicks the same as when I open Edius 4.61, but cannot output (print to file) via the FireCODER. Thanking you for your kind responses.

mpeg HD elementary streamd exported from Edius is faster than real time and DVDit accepts them without encoding

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/blu-ray-export.html

If your files have 4:2:2 colorspace is there any problem with chosing that option and having DVDitProHD accept it? I use Edius and am editing with MXF files from the Nanoflash recorder which records directly from the HD-SDI output of the Sony PMW-EX1 camera.

If your files have 4:2:2 colorspace is there any problem with chosing that option and having DVDitProHD accept it? I use Edius and am editing with MXF files from the Nanoflash recorder which records directly from the HD-SDI output of the Sony PMW-EX1 camera.

no problem, as long as you use the settings I outlined it will work perfect

no problem, as long as you use the settings I outlined it will work perfect

Thanks for the information Anton. A couple more questions: If I choose 4:2:2 chroma format I am left with 422@HL as the only choice for profile and level. Is that ok? I would also like to use higher bitrates and not use 25mbps as the average bitrate. Since MXF files are up to 100mbps could I use 50 as the max for bitrate and 35 mbps as the average or would that cause problems since max blu-ray legal bitrate is 40mbps? Would it be better to set 35mbps and constant bitrate in order to get the best quality? The only choice on the bitrate menu in the MPEG exporter (above 25M) are 35,50,300M.

Thanks for the information Anton. A couple more questions: If I choose 4:2:2 chroma format I am left with 422@HL as the only choice for profile and level. Is that ok? I would also like to use higher bitrates and not use 25mbps as the average bitrate. Since MXF files are up to 100mbps could I use 50 as the max for bitrate and 35 mbps as the average or would that cause problems since max blu-ray legal bitrate is 40mbps? Would it be better to set 35mbps and constant bitrate in order to get the best quality? The only choice on the bitrate menu in the MPEG exporter (above 25M) are 35,50,300M.

I answered my own question - a one minute test file using 4:2:2 and 422@HL when imported into DVDitProHD locks up the program so it looks as though DVDitProHD is not ready for 4:2:2. I am also afraid of using higher bitrates so I will stick with Procoder 3 where I can encode with bitrates with tighter contraol 25 minimum 35 average and 40 mas.

422 is not for blu-ray, you must use MP@HL

because you are burning, use 35 as max, you will get stutter and freezes if you go to high

I mostly use 25CBR and it looks great, you won't see much difference by going higher

Edited by antonsvideo

422 is not for blu-ray, you must use MP@HL

because you are burning, use 35 as max, you will get stutter and freezes if you go to high

I mostly use 25CBR and it looks great, you won't see much difference by going higher

I have been using Procoder 3 with minimum set to 25, average 35 and max of 40 and, so far, haven't had any playback problems.

Now is 4:2:2 not a legal blu-ray specification (can't seem to find the answer on the net) or is it that DVDitProHD just won't accept it and the other (more expensive) authoring programs will like Scenarist?

I have been using Procoder 3 with minimum set to 25, average 35 and max of 40 and, so far, haven't had any playback problems.

Now is 4:2:2 not a legal blu-ray specification (can't seem to find the answer on the net) or is it that DVDitProHD just won't accept it and the other (more expensive) authoring programs will like Scenarist?

I am not 100% sure, however, 4:2:2@hl is not an option in several encoders I use, so I assumed that it should not be used, I maybe wrong

I am not 100% sure, however, 4:2:2@hl is not an option in several encoders I use, so I assumed that it should not be used, I maybe wrong

I just got a "white paper" from Sonic Scenarist and it states:

The 8-bit 4:2:0 Barrier

The HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc specifications list a large number of constraints upon the video codecs that they employ.

Amongst that list one fundamental item (the profile adopted) has a massive impact on the overall quality that’s attainable

by inferring (amongst other things) that the bit depth and sampling format is 8-bit 4:2:0.

According to current technology I won't be able to use my 4:2:2 colorspace files directly in blu-ray delivery format - will have to wait for the next generation of discs because blu-ray specs are final.

Hi All. Just to let you all know that I have tested the fireCODER Blu encoded mpeg min 25000 bitrate max 35000 bitrate, ac3 audio with DVDIT Pro HD 6.4 and it does exept but DOES NOT burn to disc like encoded from procoder 3. So it looks like I will be going back to that old and slow way for encoding unless someone out there knows something I dont know. Kind regards to all.

Edited by bill1