• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need some clarifying

Wingwiper

Question

Yesterday I had a post moved for the reason that I owned Easy Media Creator 9 and not Creator 9. Another person posted within that thread that they were years apart and two sperate programs.

The name of this thread is "Roxio Community > Easy Media Creator Products > Creator 2009 > General Discussion" and I have done a search for Creator 9 and have only found what I own, ECM 9.

Would someone plese tell me what is Creator 9 is, if it isn't ECM 9 and why was my post moved?

Call me confused. Last I knew 10 replaced ECM 9 and I have no clue what Creator 9 is. :glare:

Edited by Wingwiper

11 answers to this question

Yesterday I had a post moved for the reason that I owned Easy Media Creator 9 and not Creator 9. Another person posted within that thread that they were years apart and two sperate programs.

The name of this thread is "Roxio Community > Easy Media Creator Products > Creator 2009 > General Discussion" and I have done a search for Creator 9 and have only found what I own, ECM 9.

Would someone plese tell me what is Creator 9 is, if it isn't ECM 9 and why was my post moved?

Call me confused. Last I knew 10 replaced ECM 9 and I have no clue what Creator 9 is. :glare:

Go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?act=idx and scroll down to the Easy Media Creator Products.

What is the difference between ECM EMC 9 and Creator 9?

Unfortunately, they've obfuscated the difference in versions by how they've labeled the images there. In order of release, the versions were:

Easy Media Creator (EMC) 8

EMC 9

EMC 10

Creator 2009

Creator 2010

Unfortunately they've labeled the image of Easy Media Creator 9 as: "Creator 9".

It's much clearer to identify EMC 9 vs. Creator 2009, whereas if someone decides to abbreviate 2009 as simply "9", and says, "Creator 9", which is it? Creator 2009, or EMC 9?

I'm hoping we can get those images relabeled to help avoid this kind of confusion.

The confusion in naming was created by Roxio, despite all our warnings.

The confused Wingpiper wanted to know why his topic was shifted from this forum, so there doesn't seem to be any point in moving this topic to another forum. Besides, which forum would it go to? :lol: