Jack Putnam

Computer shutting down

Question

I am working with Roxio Creator 2009. I have instaled 45 photos in the Photo slide show with dissolves between the photos. When I go to play the slide show to check it out to make sure everything is working properly the program freezes after it has gone about 8 or 9 photos and the screen turns blue with white lettering and say's the computer is shuting down in order to prevent damage to the computer. And what would cause some of the dissolves between the photos to flicker?

I had the same problem awhile back only I had 50 photos in the program. What is causing it to happen again? I have had to reinstall the program after the first time. Thank You...

5 answers to this question

Had a si,iliar problem with PC showing sporadic erratic behaviour ending with BSOD.

Problem turned out to be a faulty power supply which was replaced and the problem has not recurred (so far !!)

I am working with Roxio Creator 2009 and I am getting ready to burn the disk but, I am getting glitches on some of the dissolves between the photos. I have changed the different types of dissolves but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I Installed the service pack 4 and that didn't change anything. I can't see that there would be any electricial problem either. Most of the other dissolves are working fine except about 5 or 6 of them. I am about ready to give up on this project.

I think that there still might be some bugs in this program that haven't been found. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank You.........

I am working with Roxio Creator 2009 and I am getting ready to burn the disk but, I am getting glitches on some of the dissolves between the photos. I have changed the different types of dissolves but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I Installed the service pack 4 and that didn't change anything. I can't see that there would be any electricial problem either. Most of the other dissolves are working fine except about 5 or 6 of them. I am about ready to give up on this project.

I think that there still might be some bugs in this program that haven't been found. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank You.........

What dissolve problem are you talking about? What glitches? There is not much information to go on.

There is only one transition called "dissolve" so I don't know which ones you are referring to.

What is you video card or graphics adaptor? Depending on your video card, some of the transitions do not work.

Had a si,iliar problem with PC showing sporadic erratic behaviour ending with BSOD.

Problem turned out to be a faulty power supply which was replaced and the problem has not recurred (so far !!)

re overheating: I saw this solution: "I fixed it!". :D