• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Project to Disc

kqawami

Question

I been working on this project for months and i still cannot figure it out. I hope someone can help.. I created a slideshow of still pictures in VideoWave, then I send it to MyDVD to add my menu and music. I am finally finished the project, now I want to burn it to disc to view on TV. When I click on burn project to disc in My DVD, the burn button is greyed out. Now, it will let me encode movie, which I did, but never asked me to put disc in burner. Am I missing a step? Please help....I need this DVD to show at an awards banquet.. Any response will help. Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

I been working on this project for months and i still cannot figure it out. I hope someone can help.. I created a slideshow of still pictures in VideoWave, then I send it to MyDVD to add my menu and music. I am finally finished the project, now I want to burn it to disc to view on TV. When I click on burn project to disc in My DVD, the burn button is greyed out. Now, it will let me encode movie, which I did, but never asked me to put disc in burner. Am I missing a step? Please help....I need this DVD to show at an awards banquet.. Any response will help. Thanks in advance.

From the above, do you mean you created an iso (image file)? If so, open Disc Copier, navigate to the iso file, put a blank in your burner and just copy it.

Thanks for responding so quick...No, the only thing it would allow me to do is to create a folder set, which in turn, encodes the movie. Do I need to create an image file in order to burn? Why can't I just burn the project directly to disc without doing all the above?

Thanks for responding so quick...No, the only thing it would allow me to do is to create a folder set, which in turn, encodes the movie. Do I need to create an image file in order to burn? Why can't I just burn the project directly to disc without doing all the above?

Darn near poked my eye out with that large font. :)

Do you have essential, premier or deluxe version of EMC 8?

You can, but the use of the iso file is considered best practices. It separates the rendering of the file from the actual burning of the disc. You should be able to create the iso file regardless of whether you can burn a DVD. If you cannot create the iso file, there is a problem with your project. It could be anything from a non-compliant image, video, or music file. It could be a bad transition or one with incorrect timing. If you can't create the iso file, go back to Video Wave and render it project to "mpg for DVD better quality". If it completes, great, just pull that file into MyDVD and go from there. If it does not complete, note the time-stamp when it stops and see what is going on at that time.

If you simply can't get the project to burn, look for updated firmware for your burner. Follow instructions exactly or you will make a small door stop. Go to Tools/Disc Information and see if your burner and disc are recognized.

Darn near poked my eye out with that large font. :)

Do you have essential, premier or deluxe version of EMC 8?

You can, but the use of the iso file is considered best practices. It separates the rendering of the file from the actual burning of the disc. You should be able to create the iso file regardless of whether you can burn a DVD. If you cannot create the iso file, there is a problem with your project. It could be anything from a non-compliant image, video, or music file. It could be a bad transition or one with incorrect timing. If you can't create the iso file, go back to Video Wave and render it project to "mpg for DVD better quality". If it completes, great, just pull that file into MyDVD and go from there. If it does not complete, note the time-stamp when it stops and see what is going on at that time.

If you simply can't get the project to burn, look for updated firmware for your burner. Follow instructions exactly or you will make a small door stop. Go to Tools/Disc Information and see if your burner and disc are recognized.

Sorry about the font, it was an accident and I tried to go back and change it, but couldent. Thanks for the laugh. I finally created an iso file but still cannot burn directly from MyDVD. It always ask me to create an image file which Ive already done. Any other suggestions?

Archived