• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio out of sync after trim

BigFun

Question

I am running EM Creator 10 (w/latest patch, Build 112B26A ENU) on a Vista 32bit desktop.

After adding a video, I go into the trim screen to select the area I want. In the trim dialog, the audio and video play fine. When I click OK and return to the main window and then try to play the clip, the audio is out of sync; specifically, the audio starts from 7:34, while the video starts from (the set start) of 7:35.

I've tried patching to the latest, then removing, and re-adding the video, with the same result. I've also tried exporting and the sync issue is in the file, not just a display problem.

What can I do here? This makes the application entirely useless for me.

13 answers to this question

I am running EM Creator 10 (w/latest patch, Build 112B26A ENU) on a Vista 32bit desktop.

After adding a video, I go into the trim screen to select the area I want. In the trim dialog, the audio and video play fine. When I click OK and return to the main window and then try to play the clip, the audio is out of sync; specifically, the audio starts from 7:34, while the video starts from (the set start) of 7:35.

I've tried patching to the latest, then removing, and re-adding the video, with the same result. I've also tried exporting and the sync issue is in the file, not just a display problem.

What can I do here? This makes the application entirely useless for me.

What software do you really have? Build 112B26A is not a build number for Easy Media Creator 10 (EMC 10) but more for Roxio Creator 2009.

In what format is the video you are adding? DV avi or mpeg2? What program from the suite are you using, Videowave or myDVD?

What software do you really have? Build 112B26A is not a build number for Easy Media Creator 10 (EMC 10) but more for Roxio Creator 2009.

In what format is the video you are adding? DV avi or mpeg2? What program from the suite are you using, Videowave or myDVD?

I really have EMC 10. As I said, I have the latest update:

Easy Media Creator 10 ver. 10.1.226 (Build : 112B62A, R03)

The video is being added from a DVD .VOB file.

I am using VideoWave.

Please note that when I add the video, it plays fine. It is only when I do a Trim that the video and audio go out of sync. I have tried this on two different computers with the same result. (The first time was on my laptop, with an earlier 10.1 version of ECM.)

I've also just tried using Copy and Convert to generate the video section I want to work with. I use the Video Compilation and tried outputting as an WMV, this time the audio started from the right point, but was delayed for about a second. This is really getting to be annoying.

What elose do you have running on the computer at the same time? When was the last time you cleaned it of TEMP files and TMP files and other crap and then defragged it?

Here are some other hints. Ignore the ones about the burners for now.

No other major applications are running, NOD32 anti-virus is running as are some other minor tray apps.

The full video is only 23 minutes long, and the clipped area is less than two minutes. I have 3Gig of RAM and a decent video card, as well as 39 Gig of free space on the main drive, so I didn't think that was the issue.

No other major applications are running, NOD32 anti-virus is running as are some other minor tray apps.

The full video is only 23 minutes long, and the clipped area is less than two minutes. I have 3Gig of RAM and a decent video card, as well as 39 Gig of free space on the main drive, so I didn't think that was the issue.

Disconnect from the Internet and shut down NOD ! What you may consider non-major programs may be taking CPU time away from the encoding. What video card? Did you defrag the hard drive? Use CCleaner to get rid of all the junk files on your computer, Revo Uninstaller to get rid of software you don't use and will never use, and Auslogics defragmenter to defragment.

Is the program and all of the video/images/music,etc on your system drive?

If you want better and more answers,please provide more details like the video card/other software/etc.

So far your thnking hasn't solved the problem so ..........

Disconnect from the Internet and shut down NOD ! What you may consider non-major programs may be taking CPU time away from the encoding. What video card? Did you defrag the hard drive? Use CCleaner to get rid of all the junk files on your computer, Revo Uninstaller to get rid of software you don't use and will never use, and Auslogics defragmenter to defragment.

Is the program and all of the video/images/music,etc on your system drive?

If you want better and more answers,please provide more details like the video card/other software/etc.

So far your thnking hasn't solved the problem so ..........

I have added an NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS on top of the system board.

Total available graphics memory: 1279 MB

My hard drive is defragged every week, and has 39.7Gig free. All files are on this drive, except the original video file, which is on a DVD.

I have tried the same actions with my network card, NOD32 and Media Center processes disabled.

My CPUs barely tick over half as I am working on the video.

What I am trying to point out and get an answer on is why the video and audio are in sync in the Trim dialog, but are out of sync in the main window, the exact same amount, every time. If the problem is resources, shouldn't the Trim dialog be more out of sync, since it is sitting on top of the main window and therefore using more resources? If the problem is random programs interfering, shouldn't the out of sync issue be more pronounced when more resources are being used, or at least somewhat variable instead of a consistent amount out of sync each time?

To me this says that something about how the Trim dialog handles the content is different (and correct) and that there is something wrong with how the main window is handling it. I'll grant that it's possible that resource issues are causing sync to be lost when the content is imported, and that by complete coincidence the Trim dialog resource issues just happen to perfectly reverse that sync loss; it just doesn't seem very likely.

That having been said, I'm ready to try the next ideas you have. I also added my workstation specs into my signature in case that helps. Maybe the problem is some incompatibility with my new NVIDIA card. . .

Edited by BigFun

Maybe it would be easier to start over. I didn't notice until today that when I first add the video that the sound is off before I do anything else. And it's off in the same amount and in the same way each time.

I just updated the video drivers, with no change.

The really weird part is that, in the Trim dialog, the audio is perfectly in sync. That's why I think something is wrong with the program.

Maybe it would be easier to start over. I didn't notice until today that when I first add the video that the sound is off before I do anything else. And it's off in the same amount and in the same way each time.

I just updated the video drivers, with no change.

The really weird part is that, in the Trim dialog, the audio is perfectly in sync. That's why I think something is wrong with the program.

Have you tried by first copying the video from the DVD to your hard drive and then adding it?

Have you tried by first copying the video from the DVD to your hard drive and then adding it?

I tried using the Convert & Copy utility to move it over, with the same results (the generated file's audio was out of sync).

Do you mean copying the DVD folders to my hard drive and then running 'Add Video' from the files on the hard drive? If so I haven't tried something like that before; I'm guessing that I'd need to copy both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

That also doesn't answer the question of why this isn't working in the first place. Can you normally copy a few minutes of video off of a DVD drive without having this happen?

I have now. Same result. After I add the video from the DVD file, the regular display window plays the audio out of sync, and the Trim dialog plays the audio in sync.

I tried using the Convert & Copy utility to move it over, with the same results (the generated file's audio was out of sync).

Do you mean copying the DVD folders to my hard drive and then running 'Add Video' from the files on the hard drive? If so I haven't tried something like that before; I'm guessing that I'd need to copy both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

That also doesn't answer the question of why this isn't working in the first place. Can you normally copy a few minutes of video off of a DVD drive without having this happen?

I have now. Same result. After I add the video from the DVD file, the regular display window plays the audio out of sync, and the Trim dialog plays the audio in sync.

So let's assume that there is some fault or weird interaction between the software and my system that is making this happen. Do I have a workaround? Can I somehow disconnect the audio and sync it manually?

I'm trying to make a presentation for a local community group and they just need this 90 second clip from a DVD documentary in a format that I can put into a Power Point (mp4 would do).

I don't know if this will make adifference but give it a try.

Open a new Videowave production.

From the menu bar, select Tools|Options.

In the render selection, choose Software (or Hardware), whichever is unchecked.

Bring in the movie.

Preview the movie first to see if there is any audio sync problem.

Instead of Trim, maybe use the Split method to edit out unwanted segments of the video.

Preview the remaining video section for audio sync problem.

Proceed with next steps to create DVD.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by malatekid

I don't know if this will make adifference but give it a try.

Open a new Videowave production.

From the menu bar, select Tools|Options.

In the render selection, choose Software (or Hardware), whichever is unchecked.

Bring in the movie.

Preview the movie first to see if there is any audio sync problem.

Instead of Trim, maybe use the Split method to edit out unwanted segments of the video.

Preview the remaining video section for audio sync problem.

Proceed with next steps to create DVD.

Let us know how it goes.

Okay, Render was set to "Hardware" (I ran the video test previously successfully), Render is now on "Software".

Now the sync is off by around two to three seconds instead of one.

Went into Trim dialog.

Audio and Video synced perfectly.

Split retained the sync issues.

If only I could output directly from the Trim dialog. :^)