• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blu-Ray

ENDOR

Question

I have just burned my first Blu-Ray DVD. It did take 3hrs to make but there is no audio on the movies. The files where created on a Toshiba c10 HD camcorder in MOV. format. No problem with sound on the Menu screen.Any help please

computer spck

Intel 755 Quad Core Q6600 2.4Ghz

ATI HD 4870 card

4Gb 800Mgz memory

500GB free space

16 answers to this question

Hope you are using BD RE :lol:

You need to test it in more than one Player to eliminate that Player as the problem.

It would help if you would describe in detail the steps programs etc., from camcorder to BD.

computer spck

ATI HD 4870 card

4Gb 800Mgz memory

500GB free space

Jim Thanks for reply

I should have said AVCHD DVD project. I transfer the files from my Toshiba Camileo S10 (recorded at 1440x1080 MOV. format) camcorder by SDHC card. I then just found the files in MyDVD. Added a Menu .Then let it render and Burn to a DVD-RW. I could not see any options for sound. I have a Panasonic DMR BS750 BluRay player to play the DVD. As well as no sound the resulting movie was very jerky. I have just played one of the James Bond Blu-Ray films in full HD with no problems. So its not the player.

MJO

computer speck

ATI HD 4870 card

4Gb 800Mgz memory

500GB free space

Jim Thanks for reply

I should have said AVCHD DVD project. I transfer the files from my Toshiba Camileo S10 (recorded at 1440x1080 MOV. format) camcorder by SDHC card. I then just found the files in MyDVD. Added a Menu .Then let it render and Burn to a DVD-RW. I could not see any options for sound. I have a Panasonic DMR BS750 BluRay player to play the DVD. As well as no sound the resulting movie was very jerky. I have just played one of the James Bond Blu-Ray films in full HD with no problems. So its not the player.

MJO

computer speck

ATI HD 4870 card

4Gb 800Mgz memory

500GB free space

Have you updated the drivers for that player?

The thread is confusing.

1) Are you creating a AVCHD disc (standard disc, standard burner, HD video playing on a blu ray player that states that it will play a AVCHD disc.) limied to about 30-40 minutes or

2) are you creating a blu-ray disc (blu ray burner, blu ray disc, HD video, blu ray player)

How did you trransfer from the card to your computer? Did you do any editing of the video?

Edited by sknis

Sknis

First the player is a standalone Blu Ray player. Nothing to do with my computer and HD Blu Ray disks play 100%. Now sounds if you have not used Roxio 9. I have explained i trasefare using a SD card to my computer. I do no editing. I run Roxio 9 then chose Create DVDs Advance. My DVD opens and I chose AVCHD Project (HD on standard DVDs). I then ADD NEW MOVIE. Then go to burn at top of screen. Put a DVD RW in writer .I then tick Burn Disk and and leave to render and burn. I think that covers about everything I do .Now today I tried a non RW DVD just to see if I got any improvement in quality or sound . Made no difference. Still no sound and very jerky.

At least a few thousand times. :P when you factor in all the versions.

Did you know there were drivers/updates for the stand alone blu-ray player? Is it version 1 or Version 2? Now it sounds like someone didn't read the operating manual for your blu-ray player. Which one do you have. Make and model?

What quality settings are you using for the AVCHD disc? Hint - use 1080i. Try burning to an ISO file (image file) first. When it completes, mount it into a virtual drive so you can play it without burning it to a disc. If it looks OK, then use Creator Classic or Video Copy and Convert to copy it to the disc. Hint: Do not use Memorex or store brand discs. They are, to put it kindly, crap.

If the image file doesn't play well from the virtual drive, then you have some other problems. Switch to software render and/or update the drivers for your video card. Hint: Read the Creator manual and the information on video drivers on your computer manufacturer's web site.

Reads like another UK bloke who prefers to criticize rather than to be nice when they come here for help. :angry:

Edited by sknis

Sknis

First the player is a standalone Blu Ray player. Nothing to do with my computer and HD Blu Ray disks play 100%. Now sounds if you have not used Roxio 9. I have explained i trasefare using a SD card to my computer. I do no editing. I run Roxio 9 then chose Create DVDs Advance. My DVD opens and I chose AVCHD Project (HD on standard DVDs). I then ADD NEW MOVIE. Then go to burn at top of screen. Put a DVD RW in writer .I then tick Burn Disk and and leave to render and burn. I think that covers about everything I do .Now today I tried a non RW DVD just to see if I got any improvement in quality or sound . Made no difference. Still no sound and very jerky.

Why is this turning so ugly? I’m not seeing any reason for it not to continue in a civil manner…

ENDOR: You have some DVD RW’s so lets move along using them. I do recommend you simply use Explorer to Copy them files from your SD card to a folder on your HD. — no it won’t change the Quality, just a much easier way to do it.

TEST PROJECT: (we will keep it short but mix in 3 elements)

MyDVD – New AVCHD Project – leave everything with the Default except set Quality. Set that to High Quality!

Add one movie clip from you camcorder. (keep it short, even shoot a 20 second shot from your porch.

Then add 2 or 3 still pictures, preferable of High Quality.

And lastly add some other short movie file of known quality. (shorten it to 20 seconds in MyDVD’s, Edit Movie.

Save As – Test 1 and burn it to an RW.

While in there go into Tools – Options and set Render to Software. (this is what Steve suggested and it is sound)

Burn another disc!

CinePlayer will play these DVDs so test them both on your PC as well as your BD Player.

How do they look?

Jim

No I have not gone away. Now is Roxio Creator 2009. And when you get to your late 60s it takes time to get thing OK. Now the DVD player is a new Panasonic DMR BS750 and is ver 2.1 for BD RE and ver 1.2 for BD R. If any of that makes sence. Now I replaced Roxio Creator 2009 from Nero 8. I did not have any HD movies at the time and I thought Nero 8 was a bit behind. Ok now I have just reinstalled Nero and done the same movie . Gues what . Movie came out 100% . So it back to Nero 8. Well thanks for all the help but seems it a problem with Roxio. :rolleyes:

Jim

No I have not gone away. Now is Roxio Creator 2009. And when you get to your late 60s it takes time to get thing OK. Now the DVD player is a new Panasonic DMR BS750 and is ver 2.1 for BD RE and ver 1.2 for BD R. If any of that makes sence. Now I replaced Roxio Creator 2009 from Nero 8. I did not have any HD movies at the time and I thought Nero 8 was a bit behind. Ok now I have just reinstalled Nero and done the same movie . Gues what . Movie came out 100% . So it back to Nero 8. Well thanks for all the help but seems it a problem with Roxio. :rolleyes:

It looks like I am the youngest one in this thread. I know that Jim and Steve are both much older than I. :lol: (They really are.)

Good luck to you, with your Nero.

Edited by grandpabruce