VHS to 2 hour DVD

epexpress

Question

Hi: I have the "Easy VHS to DVD." I would like to know how to record up to 2 hours on a DVD from a VHS. I am using the "plug and burn" option. When I come to the screen that allows the burn time, there are 3 options - 1 hour; 1-1/2 hour; and 2 hours. I can select the 1 hour or the 1-1/2 hour option only. The 2 hour option is shown but it is greyed out and I am unable to select it. How do I select the 2 hour burn option? I have used different brands of blank DVDs but, alas, it won't work, even though the DVDs show a 2 hour recording time. Thanks for anyone's help. Please reply to me at mforney1@satx.rr.com.

4 answers to this question

Hi: I have the "Easy VHS to DVD." I would like to know how to record up to 2 hours on a DVD from a VHS. I am using the "plug and burn" option. When I come to the screen that allows the burn time, there are 3 options - 1 hour; 1-1/2 hour; and 2 hours. I can select the 1 hour or the 1-1/2 hour option only. The 2 hour option is shown but it is greyed out and I am unable to select it. How do I select the 2 hour burn option? I have used different brands of blank DVDs but, alas, it won't work, even though the DVDs show a 2 hour recording time. Thanks for anyone's help. Please reply to me at XXXXXX.

This is a users forum, and it is doubtful that anyone, outside of spammers, will e-mail. You need to edit your post, and get rid of your e-mail address.

Don't plug and burn. Capture to your hard drive first, then burn to a DL DVD.

This is a users forum, and it is doubtful that anyone, outside of spammers, will e-mail. You need to edit your post, and get rid of your e-mail address.

Don't plug and burn. Capture to your hard drive first, then burn to a DL DVD.

Are you saying that we can burn two hours on a DVD as long as we save it to our hard drive first. And how do we transfer from hard drive to dvd?

Are you saying that we can burn two hours on a DVD as long as we save it to our hard drive first. And how do we transfer from hard drive to dvd?

No. I am saying that you can burn about 2 hours to a DVD+DL or DVD-DL disc, not a standard DVD+R or DVD-R disc.

Use MyDVD (Create DVD) to burn your video to a DVD.

Look at the Home application! See Capture, Edit & Make DVD?

Yes you can burn 2 hours onto a 1 hour DVD. But you are starting with VHS Quality and cutting that by about ½… It can be done but nowone will want to look at it :lol:

Now that you know how, get some RW's and try it for yourself.