Burning from Video_TS Folder

richard_briscoe

Question

DVDs from Video_TS folders and there is a window which is supposed to allow options such as selecting which languages & etc you want to burn (Popcorn), but it is greyed out and not active. I have reinstalled Toast 7 and updates, but there does not seem to be a change.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

That option becomes active when your VIDEO_TS folder is too large to burn to single-layer media. My guess is you can burn the full content to a single-layer disc.

Thanks. I will have to check. I know that I have been recording on some dual layer DVDs and I don't really recall just which was involved at the moment. There are some things that might be nice to delete in any event. It's too bad it is not active all of the time. I will have to hunt around. I seem to recall some shareware that would allow this.

Thanks. I will have to check. I know that I have been recording on some dual layer DVDs and I don't really recall just which was involved at the moment. There are some things that might be nice to delete in any event. It's too bad it is not active all of the time. I will have to hunt around. I seem to recall some shareware that would allow this.

You also could use Toast to author a new VIDEO_TS folder from content you select that's in the existing one. You do this by placing the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop. Choose DVD-video as the format in Toast. Click the Media button and choose DVD with the top button in the Media Browser. Your video will be listed in the window below. Now go down a level with the lower button and you'll see each title that's in the VIDEO_TS folder. Drag the ones you want to the Video window. Set up the menu the way you want and burn your new DVD.

Instead of placing the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop you also could put it in the Movies folder and choose Movies with the top button in the browser.

Archived