• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding Freezes at 3%

Sean Merrill

Question

I just purchased a brand new computer with Windows 7 and paid extra for the Creator Premium

Version: 10.3 SP1

Build: 103B45F, DLP.

The first time I attempted to burn a DVD it was an AVI file and it started to encode the file. It works fine then freezes at 3% during the encoding process. I also tried to convert it to an ISO and still freezes.

Where should I begin to fix this problem?

4 answers to this question

I just purchased a brand new computer with Windows 7 and paid extra for the Creator Premium

Version: 10.3 SP1

Build: 103B45F, DLP.

The first time I attempted to burn a DVD it was an AVI file and it started to encode the file. It works fine then freezes at 3% during the encoding process. I also tried to convert it to an ISO and still freezes.

Where should I begin to fix this problem?

A couple of questions since you provided no detail. Where did you get the AVI file? Have you tried any other video file. Are you editing the file before hand? Are you adding menus? Please post your computer specs in your signature via My Controls tab at the top of the page.

Creator Premium is still a cut down version of the software. Do you have Video Wave? If so or if not, got to the top menu of it or MyDVD and select tools/options and put a dot near software. Disconnect from the Internet, shut down all other running programs including your anti-virus. Try again.

If you do have Video Wave, load the AVI file into that and select to output the file as mpg2 for DVD best quality. That is the film reel icon above the preview screen. Watch where it hangs. Look at what is going on when it does so. There is something going on in the file that is causing the hang.

Of course, if the file has DRM protection, then you cannot burn it to a disc. I believe that you would have gotten that message.

Unfortunately since it is a program modified by your computer manufacturer, tech support should come from them. Perhaps they have a users group or KB articles on the version with W7. If you try to get information from Roxio they may tell you that that is a obsolete program and might not be compatible with W7.They just don't have the information that your computer manufacture has.

A couple of questions since you provided no detail. Where did you get the AVI file? Have you tried any other video file. Are you editing the file before hand? Are you adding menus? Please post your computer specs in your signature via My Controls tab at the top of the page.

Creator Premium is still a cut down version of the software. Do you have Video Wave? If so or if not, got to the top menu of it or MyDVD and select tools/options and put a dot near software. Disconnect from the Internet, shut down all other running programs including your anti-virus. Try again.

If you do have Video Wave, load the AVI file into that and select to output the file as mpg2 for DVD best quality. That is the film reel icon above the preview screen. Watch where it hangs. Look at what is going on when it does so. There is something going on in the file that is causing the hang.

Of course, if the file has DRM protection, then you cannot burn it to a disc. I believe that you would have gotten that message.

Unfortunately since it is a program modified by your computer manufacturer, tech support should come from them. Perhaps they have a users group or KB articles on the version with W7. If you try to get information from Roxio they may tell you that that is a obsolete program and might not be compatible with W7.They just don't have the information that your computer manufacture has.

Thanks for the quick response. I downloaded the video legally its a replay of a soccer match. I have tried other AVI files with the same results. I am not editing the file or adding menus. I do not have VIDEOWAVE that I know of. My computer specs are as follows:

PC =Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

8 GB installed RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4350

Please let me know anything else you need. I really appreciate your time.

Thanks for the quick response. I downloaded the video legally its a replay of a soccer match. I have tried other AVI files with the same results. I am not editing the file or adding menus. I do not have VIDEOWAVE that I know of. My computer specs are as follows:

PC =Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

8 GB installed RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4350

Please let me know anything else you need. I really appreciate your time.

You computer should be able to handle the program. Have you asked the computer manufacturer if their version of the software will handle the AVI files that you are downloading? Remember that AVI could be any of several video types in a AVI container.