carpter

Software Refuses To Work

Question

I have removed and done the clean instal 9 times yet Roxio still refuses to work. I've followed all the suggestions and they are useless. This is the biggest rip off program on the market. Rosio 's people should do what ever it takes to come up with a resonable solution to thier so far useless programs instead of needinf a computer science degree to fix something that is thier problem

9 answers to this question

I have removed and done the clean instal 9 times yet Roxio still refuses to work. I've followed all the suggestions and they are useless. This is the biggest rip off program on the market. Rosio 's people should do what ever it takes to come up with a resonable solution to thier so far useless programs instead of needinf a computer science degree to fix something that is thier problem

Elaborate following if you are done with your rant.

1. Roxio still refuses to work

2. I've followed all the suggestions and they are useless

I agree. I bought roxio 2009 on Feb 7th of this year. It stopped working two weeks ago. I tried to reinstall it after uninstalling the program and I get the same result. I had to pay to call tech support and all I got was a sales pitch to buy 2010. The web site wouldnt let me redownload it after trying 5-6 times. Tech support emailed me another link and after 5 unsuccesful tries, I am locked out. The site is telling me that I went over the 30 allowed d/l's. I havent d/l the dam program but 2 times...

TRY and reach a live person to talk to..

Edited by Chuckharvey

I agree. I bought roxio 2009 on Feb 7th of this year. It stopped working two weeks ago. I tried to reinstall it after uninstalling the program and I get the same result. I had to pay to call tech support and all I got was a sales pitch to buy 2010. The web site wouldnt let me redownload it after trying 5-6 times. Tech support emailed me another link and after 5 unsuccesful tries, I am locked out. The site is telling me that I went over the 30 allowed d/l's. I havent d/l the dam program but 2 times...

TRY and reach a live person to talk to..

The question you have to ask yourself is what did you do to your system that C2009 no longer works after 10 months :blink:

Why do you need to download again did you not save the downloaded copy somewhere or burn it to a disc? You obviously have some major problems with your system/service provider if you have to try the download that many times.

The question you have to ask yourself is what did you do to your system that C2009 no longer works after 10 months :blink:

Why do you need to download again did you not save the downloaded copy somewhere or burn it to a disc? You obviously have some major problems with your system/service provider if you have to try the download that many times.

Nothing was done.. It was a whole new hd in Feb when I bought the program....

My isp ia att and I doubt It is the isp.

And no, it looks like I screwed the pooch and forgot to save the file, I save everything but missed this one.. lol

It just burns me that a paying customer has to pay to talk to someone....

Thye first 6 times I tried to redown load it, the web site keep giving me a message that it couldnt find the file...

If it was a new hard drive, did you install Service Pack 4 after it was installed?

When you were downloading the Creator 2009 files, did you disable your firewall? That can interfere with the download process.

Any registry cleaners or anti-virus enabled when Creator 2009 was installed? That can interfere with the installation.

Creator 2009 is a year old. Roxio only supports their flagship products for free. (Flagship Products: Creator 2010, Toast 10, DVDit Pro HD 6). Yes, you will have to pay to talk to someone. But they do have live chat and web tickets all at http://selfserve.roxio.com for free. Did you try submitting a ticket and/or start a live chat?

And when you go to download your product, are you putting in the correct information? If you go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio, you enter your order number in both the order number and password files. If you have the extended download service, you will be able to download your product.

Finally, if you downloaded the product 6 times, it does sound like either an ISP or computer issue. You should only have to download it once, and the download you get from Roxio is a download manager, which you can keep on your computer incase you ever have to re-download the software.

If it was a new hard drive, did you install Service Pack 4 after it was installed?

When you were downloading the Creator 2009 files, did you disable your firewall? That can interfere with the download process.

Any registry cleaners or anti-virus enabled when Creator 2009 was installed? That can interfere with the installation.

Creator 2009 is a year old. Roxio only supports their flagship products for free. (Flagship Products: Creator 2010, Toast 10, DVDit Pro HD 6). Yes, you will have to pay to talk to someone. But they do have live chat and web tickets all at http://selfserve.roxio.com for free. Did you try submitting a ticket and/or start a live chat?

And when you go to download your product, are you putting in the correct information? If you go to www.findmyorder.com/roxio, you enter your order number in both the order number and password files. If you have the extended download service, you will be able to download your product.

Finally, if you downloaded the product 6 times, it does sound like either an ISP or computer issue. You should only have to download it once, and the download you get from Roxio is a download manager, which you can keep on your computer incase you ever have to re-download the software.

After reading many posts all over this board.. It is quite apparent that I am not the only one having this problem.

I just read 5 different posts that 5 different ppl are having the exact the same problem. So its not me or my isp or anything else that I have done.

We all have followed the "clean" uninstall and yet nothing works...

I have never had a problem with any other program that I have owned since I have been using a computer which is more years that I care to admit.

I will break this down for you:

- When you download your product from Find My Order, you are downloading the Download Manager. This is an application which downloads the actual installer and content files.

-- If you have issues there, your firewall or ISP can be the issue. I recommend going into MSCONFIG and disabling your firewall.

- When you install the software, and you run into an issue, this can be due to your anti-virus, registry cleaner, program conflicting with the installation, Windows user account, OEM software, Windows Defender, honestly this list can go on.

Now, you just say "roxio still refuses to work". That's great help for people on the forums to do some troubleshooting... NOT! Would you like to tell us what specifically is not working? What is the error message you received? Try posting some system specs on here.

I would love to get an error message but the program won't even open much less give me an error message. That means to answer your response questions to my original post are

1. Roxio still refuses to work. {I'll type slow for you) T h e p r o g r a m w o n' t o p e n. 9 9 % o f t h e

t i m e. If it d o e s i t t h e n o n l y o p e n s t h e H o m e p a ge, t h e n f r e e z e s

2. I've followed all the suggestions and they are useless. answer: I tried all the fixes mentioned (clean install etc.) and no worked . I don't have the download version but the store bought version.

I have 6 computers that I built myself and and use daily,I have built many many others as well, I have around 60 different very expensive programs from Photoshops to CAD programs to most all of Corel and Sonys programs and have had NO trouble with any of them only Easy Creator 9.

I see by your coments you only provide support for "Roxio only supports their flagship products for free. (Flagship Products: Creator 2010, Toast 10, DVDit Pro HD 6). This means in other words you won't stand behind your products unless I pay more each time you decide you've had enough complaints and put out a "newer and improved version". In other words Creator 10 is really creator 9 with the fixes that one shouldn't have had in the first place.

To bad, if the program ran as it should have in the first place, it would really be a great addition to my collection of software. It seems as though all of our computers and us idiots are to blame instead of simply putting out a fix for the program.

Now I'm through with MY RANT

I would love to get an error message but the program won't even open much less give me an error message. That means to answer your response questions to my original post are

1. Roxio still refuses to work. {I'll type slow for you) T h e p r o g r a m w o n' t o p e n. 9 9 % o f t h e

t i m e. If it d o e s i t t h e n o n l y o p e n s t h e H o m e p a ge, t h e n f r e e z e s

2. I've followed all the suggestions and they are useless. answer: I tried all the fixes mentioned (clean install etc.) and no worked . I don't have the download version but the store bought version.

I have 6 computers that I built myself and and use daily,I have built many many others as well, I have around 60 different very expensive programs from Photoshops to CAD programs to most all of Corel and Sonys programs and have had NO trouble with any of them only Easy Creator 9.

I see by your coments you only provide support for "Roxio only supports their flagship products for free. (Flagship Products: Creator 2010, Toast 10, DVDit Pro HD 6). This means in other words you won't stand behind your products unless I pay more each time you decide you've had enough complaints and put out a "newer and improved version". In other words Creator 10 is really creator 9 with the fixes that one shouldn't have had in the first place.

To bad, if the program ran as it should have in the first place, it would really be a great addition to my collection of software. It seems as though all of our computers and us idiots are to blame instead of simply putting out a fix for the program.

Now I'm through with MY RANT

Easy Media Creator 9 is 3 years old and 3 versions back. Creator 2010 is substantially diferent from EMC 9.

HOw about some information about your OS and you system specs? It seems the problem lies more with your system and all your installed video programs.

BTW, this is not the Roxio support site but just a forum of users trying to help each other. So its impossible for us "to stand behind our products" since they are not ours. :blink: