Program crashes on Apple

bikerx1013

Question

Help! I am trying to use the "Easy DVD" program, and the only thing that is easy about it, is the ease with which it continuously crashes. I have

yet to even been able to connect my VCR to the computer!

I get as far as "how long is source material?" and no matter what time I indicate, the default of 60 minutes stays in the box, when I click

"continue" I get the the message "The application Easy VHS to DVD quit unexpectedly." I've relaunched, deleted and reloaded the program,

and downloaded the updated drivers about 1,323 times during the past two days. I purchased the product from Apple, who says contact

Roxio, whom I contacted via e-mail. I'm Still waiting to hear from them. I have an Apple MacBook Pro, ver 10.5.8. I have used several Roxio products in the past, and was very satisfied, which is why I purchased this one. I think the device might be defective, and I'm running out of patience. If I don't hear back from Roxio with a satisfactory solution, I will be pursuing this matter further. If anybody can help, I would be

greatly appreciative.

thanks,

Glenn

6 answers to this question

Help! I am trying to use the "Easy DVD" program, and the only thing that is easy about it, is the ease with which it continuously crashes. I have

yet to even been able to connect my VCR to the computer!

I get as far as "how long is source material?" and no matter what time I indicate, the default of 60 minutes stays in the box, when I click

"continue" I get the the message "The application Easy VHS to DVD quit unexpectedly." I've relaunched, deleted and reloaded the program,

and downloaded the updated drivers about 1,323 times during the past two days. I purchased the product from Apple, who says contact

Roxio, whom I contacted via e-mail. I'm Still waiting to hear from them. I have an Apple MacBook Pro, ver 10.5.8. I have used several Roxio products in the past, and was very satisfied, which is why I purchased this one. I think the device might be defective, and I'm running out of patience. If I don't hear back from Roxio with a satisfactory solution, I will be pursuing this matter further. If anybody can help, I would be

greatly appreciative.

thanks,

Glenn

What program do you have? You are posting in the Windows PC section but are talking about Apple MacBooks :blink:

I'm trying to understand your situation, too, and I'm a Mac guy. You mention downloading drivers yet there are no drivers to download. There is an update to the "Easy VHS to DVD Capture" application to download, though.

Assuming you have everything correct, what you are saying is the drop down selection for time always reads 60 minutes. By default it should read 10 minutes when the application is first launched. If you open your user>Library>Preferences folder there should be a "com.roxio.EasyVHStoDVDCapture.plist" file. Trash that file and relaunch version 1.0.3 of the application to see if that fixes the issue. If that plist file is not in the preferences folder then something didn't go right when launching the application. Are you sure you have the application copied from the downloaded disk image file into your Applications folder?

I followed your suggestions, by deleting the plist and reinstalling EVERYTHING again. Still the same problem. The "Toast" program works

fine, as I used it to copy a DVD. The VHS to DVD does not load at all, and it keeps crashing. The default for the time is always "60 minutes"

which I can't change at all.

I'm guessing the capture device is defective, as I exhausted all possible avenues to fix the problem. Aside from throwing the lap top

out the window, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn

I followed your suggestions, by deleting the plist and reinstalling EVERYTHING again. Still the same problem. The "Toast" program works

fine, as I used it to copy a DVD. The VHS to DVD does not load at all, and it keeps crashing. The default for the time is always "60 minutes"

which I can't change at all.

I'm guessing the capture device is defective, as I exhausted all possible avenues to fix the problem. Aside from throwing the lap top

out the window, any other ideas?

Thanks,

Glenn

Have you tried a different USB port? Make sure it is a port directly connected to the computer and not to a hub or keyboard (unless it is an AC-powered hub). You say it doesn't launch yet you also say you see the 60 minutes setting. What is happening before it crashes? Does your Mac meet the system requirements?

I don't what could be causing this problem. It seems to me the software should launch even if the hardware stick is defective. Have you tried launching the application with the USB stick disconnected? You should get a window asking you to connect the device. Connecting the device then causes the application to complete its launch. Doing it that way may work.