Apps not loading, .dll's not found

bossanova

Question

New download of 2010 Creator Pro with SP-1. Windows Vista with SP-1. Took forever to get Roxio to load, now at computer startup I get the following errors.

First: RoxWatchTray12.exe - Unable to locate component

Then: RoxMMTrayApp module - Has stopped working

Then: ContentMerger12.exe failed to start, CPSCommonTools12.dll not found

After installing Creator SP-1 I got the same plus:

ContentMerger12.exe - Unable to locate component. This app failed to start because roxippEMC12.dll was not found.

I have disabled all virus and firewall applications, stopped all running components except for Windows Installer.

I've spent one and a half days trying to get this thing working. Creator will start and run, but there are clearly components not loading/working and files not found.

I've loaded all three downladedfiles at least fifteen times, restarted my system twice that many times.

Also, I've installed from the self extracting downloaded files and extracted them to a folder and run from there, same results. I started with file HS19A010R14, then HW00H011C04, Disk 2 then the Contents file.

So, any thoughts? Thanks

Edited by bossanova

4 answers to this question

New download of 2010 Creator Pro with SP-1. Windows Vista with SP-1. Took forever to get Roxio to load, now at computer startup I get the following errors.

First: RoxWatchTray12.exe - Unable to locate component

Then: RoxMMTrayApp module - Has stopped working

Then: ContentMerger12.exe failed to start, CPSCommonTools12.dll not found

After installing Creator SP-1 I got the same plus:

ContentMerger12.exe - Unable to locate component. This app failed to start because roxippEMC12.dll was not found.

I have disabled all virus and firewall applications, stopped all running components except for Windows Installer.

I've spent one and a half days trying to get this thing working. Creator will start and run, but there are clearly components not loading/working and files not found.

I've loaded all three downladedfiles at least fifteen times, restarted my system twice that many times.

Also, I've installed from the self extracting downloaded files and extracted them to a folder and run from there, same results. I started with file HS19A010R14, then HW00H011C04, Disk 2 then the Contents file.

So, any thoughts? Thanks

I get the same error and isues and I am running XP. It has nothing to do with security or admin rights as all 30 software packages that I have installed have no issues.

I get the same error and isues and I am running XP. It has nothing to do with security or admin rights as all 30 software packages that I have installed have no issues.

This post is over 3 months old… Answers must have gotten the OP up and running since he never came back.

Probably make more sense to try them rather than dismiss them because you think you know better...

The Prep Steps are Here.

And the XP Clean Install - XP