cuyocksol

RecordNow 7.3 - tracks stored where on C drive?

RecordNow 7.3 documentation says it stores audio tracks on your computer while you compile a 'music to burn' list.

I dragged in the files straight from audio CDs, not from my PC already, and now I find as I want to listen to the tracks to decide on the best order I can't. Seems I can only listen from the left-hand list, ie. from a CD in the drive or presumably tracks on my PC.

So rather than having to put in all the CDs individually again to listen to each track, I've been looking for the tracks RecordNow has stored on the C drive - but with no success.

Any ideas??

thanks

How big are the files you dragged over?

It used to be possible to simply drag a music track to the Hard Drive, but years ago it was improved and all you see if you look at the CD in windows is a 44kb "placemarker" rather than the entire file (which, in .wav, is several MB per minute).

I suspect you are only pulling over the tiny .cda placemarker.

Lynn

RecordNow 7.3 documentation says it stores audio tracks on your computer while you compile a 'music to burn' list.

I dragged in the files straight from audio CDs, not from my PC already, and now I find as I want to listen to the tracks to decide on the best order I can't. Seems I can only listen from the left-hand list, ie. from a CD in the drive or presumably tracks on my PC.

So rather than having to put in all the CDs individually again to listen to each track, I've been looking for the tracks RecordNow has stored on the C drive - but with no success.

Any ideas??

thanks

I don't have RecordNow Music Lab, but I would start by going through the menus and looking for a "Preferences" or "Options" menu option. Hopefully in there, you'll find where it says it stores temporary files, then you can go look yourself. That's where I'd start.

There are no CDA placemarkers to drag in RecordNow! 7.3 :lol: :lol:

For those of you who don't have the software, the user inserts a source CD and highlights audio tracks in the left pane and then clicks on the "Add" button. Tracks can only be previewed in the left pane.

RN! then copies the selected tracks into a temporary directory in WAV format, and shows the processed tracks in the right pane.

The processed tracks are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Sonic\RecordNow! if you have installed in the default location. "username" is the name of your account on your computer, "Brendon" in my case.

As you can see from the screenshot I made a few minutes ago, the tracks are stored with a .TMP extension, although they are in WAV format.

22358175.jpg

The files are AUTOMATICALLY DELETED [with a warning] when you close RecordNow!