Roxio's DVD maker keeps crashing my computer

Rollin Coxe

I have a brand new HP computer with 3 gig of ram, Vista Home Premium and the Roxio program shuts down during the dvd burn from my movie projects. A blue screen occurs with the numbers 0x00000116 (0x88CF510, 0X8D808F20, PXPPPPPPPP, 0X0000002)

Nvlddmkm.sys address 8D808F20 base at 8d800000, datestamp 48DD967f crash dump

Usually the Windows repair usually fixes it but sometimes takes many attempts and three times I have had to reformat. I have had two successful DVD’s out of about 15 tries. The most recent success was after I went into nvidia control panel and made sure the resolution and color settings were maxed and it was also a video project from my Canon digital camcorder whereas the failures are all from vhs captures from my old vhs tapes.

Am I missing something that I should be doing with the settings or does anyone have any idea what I should do to get this program to work?

I have a brand new HP computer with 3 gig of ram, Vista Home Premium and the Roxio program shuts down during the dvd burn from my movie projects. A blue screen occurs with the numbers 0x00000116 (0x88CF510, 0X8D808F20, PXPPPPPPPP, 0X0000002)

Usually the Windows repair usually fixes it but sometimes takes many attempts and three times I have had to reformat. I have had two successful DVD's out of about 15 tries. The most recent success was after I went into nvidia control panel and made sure the resolution and color settings were maxed and it was also a video project from my Canon digital camcorder whereas the failures are all from vhs captures from my old vhs tapes.

Am I missing something that I should be doing with the settings or does anyone have any idea what I should do to get this program to work?

FIrst of all you should tell us what program you are talking about :blink: Nowhere have mentioned what Roxio program you - it could be EMC 9, EMC 10, Creator 2009, Creator 2010, VHS2DVD, .... plus a few others

A google search on "Nvlddmkm.sys" indicates that this seems to be a problem related to the Nvidia card in your system

What video card do you have?

Edited by myguggi

• 2 weeks later...

Usually the Windows repair usually fixes it but sometimes takes many attempts and three times I have had to reformat. I have had two successful DVD’s out of about 15 tries. The most recent success was after I went into nvidia control panel and made sure the resolution and color settings were maxed and it was also a video project from my Canon digital camcorder whereas the failures are all from vhs captures from my old vhs tapes.

I suggest to get a new graphics driver (NVIDIA) for your system, also check for any BIOS update! Go to the HP support web site. Also run Windows Update!

Please note, even though you got a new system, that does not mean your system is up to par with recent driver, BIOS, software, etc. It is just to prohibitive for the vendor to go through the painful system verification, BOM updates, qualifications, and creating new master disk images, whenever new revisions are out. Consequently, the customer is urged to update (either through provided tools or going to the vendors support web site) the system.

Also, you may want to check for any memory problems -- just in case. There is an option available during boot-up (watch closely and/or consult the owner's manual.)

Hope this helps.