Can hand motion jitter in movie be corrected?

gfcatlanta

Question

Is there any way in EMC8 (or with OTHER software) to software-correct jitter?

I shot some movies with a simple Canon A530 digital camera in movie mode, it's only 10 fps, they look ok but a little jumpy…not entirely because of 10fps, but because of hand movement.

My Sony camcorder has some type of anti-shake system that even when I zoom in (and effect of hand movement is amplified), it softens shakey hand movement real-time so the result is more professional and doesn't look like an action or hand-held running-down-the-street surveillance movie.

But, this Canon digital camera, however, doesn't seem to have this anti-jitter system at all in movie mode.

Is there a way to at least partially correct (presumably with software, post facto) my bad, shakey footage?

Thanks,

George

2 answers to this question

I shot some movies with a simple Canon A530 digital camera in movie mode, it's only 10 fps, they look ok but a little jumpy…not entirely because of 10fps, but because of hand movement.

My Sony camcorder has some type of anti-shake system that even when I zoom in (and effect of hand movement is amplified), it softens shakey hand movement real-time so the result is more professional and doesn't look like an action or hand-held running-down-the-street surveillance movie.

But, this Canon digital camera, however, doesn't seem to have this anti-jitter system at all in movie mode.

Is there a way to at least partially correct (presumably with software, post facto) my bad, shakey footage?

Thanks,

George

Not with this software. Another good reason to only use the Camera for what it was intended...taking pictures. I have been where you are, so I am not dissing you.

I know that Avid Liquid Pro is supposed to do it but it may be out of your price range - it is $1000. :)

Thanks,

George

Archived