• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What to do with old ".ses" files and folders?

gfcatlanta

Question

I've got about 7 files that have ".ses" file extensions, like this: 20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.ses

What's odd is each one is under (inside) a folder with the same name. I "think" these were generated while I was trying out either some SonicMyDVD or Roxio VideowaveCreatorSoftware or WindowsMovieMaker software. There is an identical corresponding ".mpg" file (like 20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.mpg) for each, and this was originally created with a Sony digital camcorder

I recently deleted the old Sonic software and old videowave software, and installed Roxio EMC8. Now, double-clicking the ".ses" files doesn't auto-launch anything at all anymore.

So...

1) Does anyone recognize what these are, where they came from?

2) Since I have (and plan to keep) the root ".mpg" files, would there be any reason to keep these ".ses" folders and files?

Thanks,

George

3 answers to this question

Thanks,

I went ahead and deleted all my folder/file pairs like this:

20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.ses (folder)

20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.ses (file)

But I kept the original content like this:

20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.mpg

These are 15-second videos and the presumably project "sesson" files didn't really have anything in them worthwhile in terms of a 'production' with video, pictures, sound, transitions, etc. Just some experiments.

Anyway, to date, no consequences, will post again if I find I should've kept them, in case useful to others.

I've got about 7 files that have ".ses" file extensions, like this: 20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.ses

What's odd is each one is under (inside) a folder with the same name. I "think" these were generated while I was trying out either some SonicMyDVD or Roxio VideowaveCreatorSoftware or WindowsMovieMaker software. There is an identical corresponding ".mpg" file (like 20030412VaRichmondFestivalMovie00028.mpg) for each, and this was originally created with a Sony digital camcorder

I recently deleted the old Sonic software and old videowave software, and installed Roxio EMC8. Now, double-clicking the ".ses" files doesn't auto-launch anything at all anymore.

So...

1) Does anyone recognize what these are, where they came from?

2) Since I have (and plan to keep) the root ".mpg" files, would there be any reason to keep these ".ses" folders and files?

Thanks,

George

I believe it was created by the Sonic software. I get them with DVDit Pro. You only need them if you plan to make changes to your production.

Archived