DVD button offset

MPAB

Question

I'm creating a DVD from 720p footage. After editing/transitions and such I go to MyDVD.

I create the submenu and the menu buttons. The thumbnails show the first frame of the chapter so I use the selector to change it into a more representative thumbnail. But the resulting image is always many seconds - even minutes - away from the frame I selected. I don't know what to do about it.

Also, I'd like to know if there's a way to change the piece of footage that appears in the HOME menu. It always loops the first seconds of the whole movie, which aren't necessarily the best part.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

I'm creating a DVD from 720p footage. After editing/transitions and such I go to MyDVD.

I create the submenu and the menu buttons. The thumbnails show the first frame of the chapter so I use the selector to change it into a more representative thumbnail. But the resulting image is always many seconds - even minutes - away from the frame I selected. I don't know what to do about it.

Also, I'd like to know if there's a way to change the piece of footage that appears in the HOME menu. It always loops the first seconds of the whole movie, which aren't necessarily the best part.

Thanks.

I don't have an answer for the first question but do for the second.

Of course whether you get a thumbnail that can contain video depends on which menu style you have selected - not all menus have a "small window" displaying video. To change the video, right click on the window and then select "show settings " and this will bring up the Settings window. Select the left tab and then from the Source drop-down window select file which will enable the Browse button. You can now navigate to any video file on your system and use it as the source for the small window. The video will of course always play from the beginning of the clip. If you want to use a section internal to a clip you will first have to "extract" it from the video as a separate clip.

Thank you. I was afraid that would be the answer to the second one because as much as I tried I couldn't find a way to change the video.

The first question is more puzzling. I've noticed that the thumbnail remains the same (which is not the first frame of the chapter, just a random one) whatever the frame I try to select in the preview window. BUT if I select animated menus, the loop will begin exactly at the frame I selected in each menu. And yes: if I revert from animated menus to thumbnails, they revert to the random thumbnail. It's crazy!

I don't have an answer for the first question but do for the second.

Of course whether you get a thumbnail that can contain video depends on which menu style you have selected - not all menus have a "small window" displaying video. To change the video, right click on the window and then select "show settings " and this will bring up the Settings window. Select the left tab and then from the Source drop-down window select file which will enable the Browse button. You can now navigate to any video file on your system and use it as the source for the small window. The video will of course always play from the beginning of the clip. If you want to use a section internal to a clip you will first have to "extract" it from the video as a separate clip.