• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Edit VHS before burning

lilo

Question

I just installed "Easy VHS to DVD". Want to convert tapes, but want to cut some scenes before burning.

Moved VHS to the hard drive, but for the life of me I can not figure out in the "Edit" options how to cut some scenes.

I just don't believe there is no option for such a basic editing function, I must be overlooking something.

The "Help" function is no help. Can somebody point me in the right direction (gently) pls?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I just installed "Easy VHS to DVD". Want to convert tapes, but want to cut some scenes before burning.

Moved VHS to the hard drive, but for the life of me I can not figure out in the "Edit" options how to cut some scenes.

I just don't believe there is no option for such a basic editing function, I must be overlooking something.

The "Help" function is no help. Can somebody point me in the right direction (gently) pls?

Thanks

From the Home screen, Video and Movies, under Edit and Transfer, Edit Video..

What do you get?

cd

From the Home screen, Video and Movies, under Edit and Transfer, Edit Video..

What do you get?

cdan see

I wish I knew what you are trying to say. I get my edit screen, but there is nothing that I can see that helps me.

I don't want to be negative, but I was looking for a solution, not a question.

I wish I knew what you are trying to say. I get my edit screen, but there is nothing that I can see that helps me.

I don't want to be negative, but I was looking for a solution, not a question.

You “question” is not that clear because you are not using the Proper names of the programs. So it is necessary to ask questions unless you think you will be happy with wrong answers from misunderstanding… :D

The Editor is called VideoWave and I believe you have found it but just don’t see how to use it yet.

There are 2 basic ways – Trim and Split & Delete.

Trim operates on the ends of a clip! You can’t ’trim’ the middle out of something Right Click on the clip and select Trim. Or choose the little Scissors icon abve the Timeline.

Otherwise you need to Split the clip at the beginning and end of the piece you want to remove (think movie film). Then click that section and Delete it.

You need to be in Timeline view and you have to position the scrubber where you want the Cut to occur. Then click the little icon to the right of the Trim Sicissors. (Scrubber is the thin blue line indicating your position)

To delete, you must click the piece you want to select it. Then use the red ‘X’ icon or just press your Delete key.

Practice a little – as long as you don’t Save, you can’t hurt anything.

You can fine tune the Scrubber location by using the controls in the Preview Window, the Jog Wheel and the Next and Previous Frame buttons.

Give it a try, and if you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.