• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

JVC MOD files

HankS

Question

I have a JVC GZ-MG630. It records on internal hard drive and the files are MOD and MOI extensions. I want to edit them with my Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition software but I cannot get these files in to do anything with.

Any Suggestions?

I saw a post by 'Digital Guru' ggrussell from 2008 about a smal app called SDCopy that he used for JVC files with wide screen problems. I was wondering if that might help me.

I am running Windows XP Home 2002 SP3, Intel Core 2 CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz with 2Gb ram.

:unsure:

2 answers to this question

I have a JVC GZ-MG630. It records on internal hard drive and the files are MOD and MOI extensions. I want to edit them with my Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition software but I cannot get these files in to do anything with.

Any Suggestions?

I saw a post by 'Digital Guru' ggrussell from 2008 about a smal app called SDCopy that he used for JVC files with wide screen problems. I was wondering if that might help me.

I am running Windows XP Home 2002 SP3, Intel Core 2 CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz with 2Gb ram.

:unsure:

MOD file are supported. MOI files are indexing files so they would not have any video.

Supported File Types for Creator 2009

Supported Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video**, IFO/VOB, DivX, DivX HD, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, .MOD (JVC Everio cameras)

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Could you go into detail on what you mean by "can't do anything with them"? Does your camera require that the disc be finalized before they can be transferred to your computer?

Edited by sknis

MOD file are supported. MOI files are indexing files so they would not have any video.

Supported File Types for Creator 2009

Supported Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video**, IFO/VOB, DivX, DivX HD, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD, .MOD (JVC Everio cameras)

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF

Could you go into detail on what you mean by "can't do anything with them"? Does your camera require that the disc be finalized before they can be transferred to your computer?

I mean that Roxio 2009 will not see the files with the .mod extension. When I navigate to the folder where I imported the file it does not appear in the list for editing in Roxio 2009. I used JVC's software to import the file and I can do some real basic editing with their software but nothing with Roxio.

I have just found a work around. I use Roxio's analog to digital interface that I got with 2009 and use the l-r audio and video from the camera to get an .avi file in my computer and import it with Roxio. Now I can edit it with the Roxio software.

Thanks for the reply. ;)

Hank