• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture Now InOP

Mulefly

Question

I have too been struggling to install Easy VHS to DVD for over a week now... making progress but still no joy. I have done the clean installs, all of the Windows upgrades... XP SP3, etc... done the suggested registry actions and reinstalled..Version is 111B25F. Have done the USB driver install and have the USB 2861 device showing as the capture device. I have the VHS connected and playing... selected quality..... input is "Composite Video" but my "Capture Now" button is IN OP.... greyed out and not working?

Dell Latitude D820.

Please advise.

Thank you

Jim Covington

22 answers to this question

Don’t wait till your frustrated next time!

Need a little more info… Under Help – About, is SP2 listed in the Version Number?

If not, download and apply it! Link in the pinned posts at the top.

OK, you are connected, do you see and hear your Source in Capture???

Tell us a little more about your PC, like I have in my signature block.

Don’t wait till your frustrated next time!

Need a little more info… Under Help – About, is SP2 listed in the Version Number? [b]As I watched the last istall, it flashed "installing SP2" during the install... when I have downloaded SP2 before it then tells me "software not located" elsewhere on the forum that is explained as the SP2 is already installed... this product was purchased from Roxio ~ 10/20 -- I believe that the SP2 is installed on that version.[/b]

If not, download and apply it! Link in the pinned posts at the top.

OK, you are connected, do you see and hear your Source in Capture???

Tell us a little more about your PC, like I have in my signature block.

OK, you are connected, do you see and hear your Source in Capture??? Nope

Tell us a little more about your PC, like I have in my signature block. It is Dell Latitude Notebook with 2 G Ram, Dual Intel Centrnio processors 1.66 Ghrz

Edited to get reply, out of the quote.

Edited by grandpabruce

OK, you are connected, do you see and hear your Source in Capture??? Nope

Tell us a little more about your PC, like I have in my signature block. It is Dell Latitude Notebook with 2 G Ram, Dual Intel Centrnio processors 1.66 Ghrz

Edited to get reply, out of the quote.

That seems to point to the drivers never being installed...

Go through cdateek's pinned post at the top and compare his pictures with your system with attention on the 2 USB Devices added and their drivers.

That seems to point to the drivers never being installed...

Go through cdateek's pinned post at the top and compare his pictures with your system with attention on the 2 USB Devices added and their drivers.

Ok... my system is XPSP3.... CD's is Vista for the pinned article... however everything looks ok until you get down to the screen showing "Device Manager and drivers for each device"

I show the "Roxio Video Capture USB and about 12 drivers for it...

My "Device Manger... each device" screen shows "USB Audio Device" not "USB 2861 Device". However, when I click on properties I do show the following:

USB Audio Device

mfg- Generic USB

Location 0 (USB2861 device)

I reinstalled the RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.Zip file and no difference.

????

Still have my fingers crossed that this can work...

Jim

Do yours match the red arrows, in your XP SP3??

post-97-1257689633.jpg

post-97-1257689641.jpg

cd

I have the identical USB Audio Device drivers and properties that you show above.

Ok... I do not show a USB Capture Device...

and I am having trouble pasting a page screen here I have a "Legacy Video Capture Devices" line that when I click properties

WDM Video For Windows Capture Driver (Win32)

The detail shows:

Device Instance Id

Root\MEDIA\MS_MMVCD

I looked at the Dell Drivers update website and did not see anything similar to USB Capture Device drivers.

Got my fingers crossed... hope we are making progress!

Jim

XP looks like this:post-39730-1257690076.jpg

Browse This one for general hookup. It is based on the Stand Alone and Creator 2009 but that is what V2D was made from.

Jim... I can't seem to be able to "explore" my Easy VHS to DVD disc... for the drivers shown in your link... based on my reply to CD... where do you suggest that I go from here?

All the best!

Jim

I have the identical USB Audio Device drivers and properties that you show above.

Ok... I do not show a USB Capture Device...

and I am having trouble pasting a page screen here I have a "Legacy Video Capture Devices" line that when I click properties

WDM Video For Windows Capture Driver (Win32)

The detail shows:

Device Instance Id

Root\MEDIA\MS_MMVCD

I looked at the Dell Drivers update website and did not see anything similar to USB Capture Device drivers.

Got my fingers crossed... hope we are making progress!

Jim

Jim... I can't seem to be able to "explore" my Easy VHS to DVD disc... for the drivers shown in your link... based on my reply to CD... where do you suggest that I go from here?

All the best!

Jim

I need to know what I asked earlier!

Does your device manager, right click properties, on the USB Audio Device and USB Capture Device, then click Driver Details, show the same as the pic's I posted??? Every red arrow is what I'm interested in???

I don't know what Jim Hardin is showing, except his pic is his PC's Device Manager, not exploring any disc.

cd

I need to know what I asked earlier!

Does your device manager, right click properties, on the USB Audio Device and USB Capture Device, then click Driver Details, show the same as the pic's I posted??? Every red arrow is what I'm interested in???

I don't know what Jim Hardin is showing, except his pic is his PC's Device Manager, not exploring any disc.

cd

I match exactly what you show as a USB Audio Device and the Driver details... every red arrow matches. I do not have a USB Capture Device only the Legacy Video Capture Devices.

Jim

Have done the USB driver install and have the USB 2861 device showing as the capture device.

The above statement mean you downloaded this driver (RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip (7.03 mb) and applied it??

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...8CR&PARAMS=

You have read through this too?

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000225CR

cd

The above statement mean you downloaded this driver (RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip (7.03 mb) and applied it?? YES SIR! I have sir!

You have read through this too? YES SIR! I have sir! Disk defrag says not required... I am defraging anyway and will see if that helps!

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000225CR

cd

Do this again and see if anything changes in Device Manager, when you check make sure the USB Device is plugged in..

cd

CD- I reinstalled and nothing changed in the Device Manager ... the USB Device was/is plugged in. BTW, I have not mentioned that I am receiving "audio" throughout this process when I try and play and burn... but the Capture Now remains "grey" and IN OP. and no Video is displayed in the "black box".

Jim

CD- I reinstalled and nothing changed in the Device Manager ... the USB Device was/is plugged in. BTW, I have not mentioned that I am receiving "audio" throughout this process when I try and play and burn... but the Capture Now remains "grey" and IN OP. and no Video is displayed in the "black box".

Jim

Are we using "play and burn" do you mean Plug and Burn?

I thought we were using Roxio Media Import?

I do not have a USB Capture Device only the Legacy Video Capture Devices.

What are they and what are they for?

Have you installed any other Video Capture Devices?

If not, it could be the operating system installed them when you first plugged in the Roxio USB Capture Device.

cd

Are we using "play and burn" do you mean Plug and Burn?

I thought we were using Roxio Media Import?

What are they and what are they for?

Have you installed any other Video Capture Devices?

If not, it could be the operating system installed them when you first plugged in the Roxio USB Capture Device.

cd

I meant Plug and Burn... sorry, me bad...

The only other Video Capture device was a couple of years ago, I had a program to capture internet video... possibly Nero Start Smart.... not sure if that was the name or not.

Jim

Mulefly,

Make sure the Roxio USB Device is NOT plugged in .

Go into device manager right click on USB Audio Device, click uninstall, reboot the PC.

Again make sure the Roxio USB Device is NOT plugged in.

Run this again...

1. Download RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip below.

2. Open the .zip file RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip and drag the file RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.exe to your Desktop.

3. Double-click the .exe file and follow the on screen instructions.

RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip (7.03 mb) http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...8CR&PARAMS=

Reboot the PC, when booted up plug in the Roxio USB Capture Device, does the found new hardware wizard launch?

If it does cancel it.

Look in Device manager for a change in the drivers..

cd

Mulefly,

Make sure the Roxio USB Device is NOT plugged in .

Go into device manager right click on USB Audio Device, click uninstall, reboot the PC.

Again make sure the Roxio USB Device is NOT plugged in.

Run this again...

1. Download RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip below.

2. Open the .zip file RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip and drag the file RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.exe to your Desktop.

3. Double-click the .exe file and follow the on screen instructions.

RoxioC2009USBCaptureDriver.zip (7.03 mb) http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...8CR&PARAMS=

Reboot the PC, when booted up plug in the Roxio USB Capture Device, does the found new hardware wizard launch?

If it does cancel it.

Look in Device manager for a change in the drivers..

cd

cd--- I have been out of town all week... and I didn't have time to address this during the week... so I apologize for the delay in replying to your appreciated post.

I followed your procedure precisely and the drivers did change. I now have both "Roxio Video Capture USB" amd "USB Audio Device" showing in the Device Manager.

I still do not have an operative "Capture Now" button.

This morning before resuming my quest... I ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41.... it came back with one file infected

c:\windows\Prefetch\Roxiocentralfx.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted

I saw no difference in Roxio plug and burn after the quarntine. Still the "Capture Now" button is inop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Jim

cd--- I have been out of town all week... and I didn't have time to address this during the week... so I apologize for the delay in replying to your appreciated post.

I followed your procedure precisely and the drivers did change. I now have both "Roxio Video Capture USB" amd "USB Audio Device" showing in the Device Manager.

I still do not have an operative "Capture Now" button.

This morning before resuming my quest... I ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41.... it came back with one file infected

c:\windows\Prefetch\Roxiocentralfx.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted

I saw no difference in Roxio plug and burn after the quarntine. Still the "Capture Now" button is inop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Jim

Your Malwarebytes gave you a false reading, and you are lucky that the file you deleted was in the Prefetch folder, not in the main Roxio folder, or you would no longer have your desktop icon for the software.