two hour taping & dual layer dvds

deer1

Question

When attempting to transfer my first vhs tape to dvd, the two hour "normal quality" did not show up as an option as it was grayed out. How do I make it an option? Also when I using this Easy VHS to DVD program can I use dual layer DVDs which holds about four hours? If so, can you walk me through that as well?

Thanks alot!

5 answers to this question

When attempting to transfer my first vhs tape to dvd, the two hour "normal quality" did not show up as an option as it was grayed out. How do I make it an option? Also when I using this Easy VHS to DVD program can I use dual layer DVDs which holds about four hours? If so, can you walk me through that as well?

Thanks alot!

A standard DVD will hold an hour of video, at high quality. A DL disc will hold a little less than 2 hours of video, at high quality.

It is best NOT to do a plug and burn. One little hiccup, in any part of the process, will give you a coaster. Capture your video, to your hard drive first, then burn it to a DVD.

A standard DVD will hold an hour of video, at high quality. A DL disc will hold a little less than 2 hours of video, at high quality.

It is best NOT to do a plug and burn. One little hiccup, in any part of the process, will give you a coaster. Capture your video, to your hard drive first, then burn it to a DVD.

Ok. So when I capture the video from a tape on a vcr to my hard drive, is it the capture button after going under home video? Is there a handbook on line or in print that can take me step by step through this process, the editing process, how to do the menus and chapters and all the wonderful things I'm told this program will do? The help menus I've run across are for error messages and things like that. I just need something to walk me through exactly how to use this software. It's the most frustrating thing of the "green generation." I get a box with software, hardware, but nothing telling me how to use it past setting it up and the bare minimums to use it. Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Ok. So when I capture the video from a tape on a vcr to my hard drive, is it the capture button after going under home video? Is there a handbook on line or in print that can take me step by step through this process, the editing process, how to do the menus and chapters and all the wonderful things I'm told this program will do? The help menus I've run across are for error messages and things like that. I just need something to walk me through exactly how to use this software. It's the most frustrating thing of the "green generation." I get a box with software, hardware, but nothing telling me how to use it past setting it up and the bare minimums to use it. Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Have a look at these:

Beginner Video Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite

Steve's (sknis) Demo Videos Using Roxio EMC 8-10

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials

Steps to Making a DVD

These seem to be for easy media creator rather than easy vhs to dvd? Am I missing something? Are these all the same? And with roxio's easy vhs to dvd what are the precise steps to copy vhs to hard drive?

These seem to be for easy media creator rather than easy vhs to dvd? Am I missing something? Are these all the same? And with roxio's easy vhs to dvd what are the precise steps to copy vhs to hard drive?

On the screen, where you picked Plug and Burn, Capture Video is right above Plug and Burn. Click on Capture Video. Prior to doing this, make a folder on your drive to capture it to.