• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Classic 6.2 to latest version - questions

Brookstone

Question

I have an old PC running Creator Classic 6.2 with which I've created dozens of *.RCL project files. I've just purchased a new PC running Windows 7 and I doubt (although I don't know for sure) that CC6.2 will not run on the Win7 PC. Assuming that is correct (and feel free to correct me), can anyone tell me if the latest version (2010) supports the 6.2 *.RCL project files?

7 answers to this question

You're quite right, Version 6 won't run in Windows 7.

This one surprised me - pleasantly.

I just went to 6.2 and set up a simple project in CC and saved the .RCL

Then I flicked the .RCL to my Windows 7 system with Creator 2010, and ran CC there.

post-208-1257628690.jpg

Creator Classic loaded and used the .RCL file from version 6.2. I burned a data CD with my files on it, and they verified against the source.

One point to note:

post-208-1257629011.jpg

Since the .RCL file saves the full address of the files in the project, you will need to have your source files available to your Windows 7 system in the same directory structure as you have them on your old PC, or else Creator Classic will not be able to find them to burn them.

Regards,

Brendon

One point to note: Since the .RCL file saves the full address of the files in the project, you will need to have your source files available to your Windows 7 system in the same directory structure as you have them on your old PC, or else Creator Classic will not be able to find them to burn them.

Thanks Brendon,

This is good news. The new PC will have the same drives/folder structure as the old one, therefore based upon what you wrote/encountered, I should expect not have any problem upgrading.

Brooks

It isn't a current product [hasn't been for years] but it is still listed in the compatibility KB article as having been updated for Windows 7, and there seems to be no way to get these much trumpeted updated versions.

It's either a big con job, or Roxio people are getting themselves confused.

Back to Easy CD and DVD burning - yes, I'm pleased to announce that Creator Classic in there will accept the 6.2 RCL file also. :)

Brendon