• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"Cinema Now" Why would I want it?

Lynn Lynn

Question

I just today noticed an app called "Cinema Now" in my program files. I went to uninstall it, and it gives me a message something like . . . If you uninstall this you cannot run Roxio Venue . . .

I am suspicious about this app, which I never explicitly downloaded. Is it automatically installed along with C2010 Pro?

4 answers to this question

In addition to what ggrussell suggested, you can un-install it and still be able to run C2010 pro and all it's programs however. Not sure what OS you are using but if XP, go to the control panel and click on "Add/Remove Programs". go down the list and find the Cinima Now program and click on uninstall. If you are running Vista, in the control panel click on "Programs and Features" which will take tyou to a simialr screen with all the installed programs on your cpomputer. Again find Cinima Now and remove it.

Just remember, that in doing so you will not be able to run the "Roxio Venue" program. So if you are familiar with that program and want to download movies and burn them to a DVD, then you're out of luck.

Frank...

We live in a "rural" area, and the potential providers will not invest in the infrastructure required to offer high-speed internet. They are in business to make money, naturally. So I do not anticipate ever downloading a movie. We moved (retired) from Los Angeles county, where most of our relatives have the possibility of getting high data rates if they want to pay for it. We have no such choice.

So If I cannot anticipate downloading a movie, what are the various considerations for uninstalling this app / plugin?

I am fully experienced in uninstalling apps, using any one of several methods easily available to me.

If I am never going to pay to download a movie, is there any reason not to uninstall "Cinema Now?"

We live in a "rural" area, and the potential providers will not invest in the infrastructure required to offer high-speed internet. They are in business to make money, naturally. So I do not anticipate ever downloading a movie. We moved (retired) from Los Angeles county, where most of our relatives have the possibility of getting high data rates if they want to pay for it. We have no such choice.

So If I cannot anticipate downloading a movie, what are the various considerations for uninstalling this app / plugin?

I am fully experienced in uninstalling apps, using any one of several methods easily available to me.

If I am never going to pay to download a movie, is there any reason not to uninstall "Cinema Now?"

Why not just leav CinemaNow where it is? It does use up some disc space but I don't think its worth perhaps "upsetting" the system by uninstalling it.