• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Quicktime .mov files

J. Richard

Question

I have 7 relatively short .mov files to insert in a slideshow with .jpg files. All are similar, and all play perfectly with Quicktime. However, 3 of the 7 loose their sound when inserted into the slideshow production, while the motion is fine. The remaining 4 are ok, sound & motion. I've tried a backup copy, and a new production with just those .mov files, and always the same results as above.

Checking the file properties, there really seems to be no diference between the files that have sound and those which don't in the production. Again, all play well on the computer outside of the production.

(I just upgraded to Creator 2010 & Windows 7 - both are working great.)

1 answer to this question

I have 7 relatively short .mov files to insert in a slideshow with .jpg files. All are similar, and all play perfectly with Quicktime. However, 3 of the 7 loose their sound when inserted into the slideshow production, while the motion is fine. The remaining 4 are ok, sound & motion. I've tried a backup copy, and a new production with just those .mov files, and always the same results as above.

Checking the file properties, there really seems to be no diference between the files that have sound and those which don't in the production. Again, all play well on the computer outside of the production.

(I just upgraded to Creator 2010 & Windows 7 - both are working great.)

Have you tried simply changing the extention to .mp4? If that doesn't work, there are other ways / workarounds, but give that a try and report back.

p.s.

Glad to hear Windows 7 working for you ... wondering if I should make the switch. ;)