• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Very slow blu-ray burn

technically challenged

Question

I have edited two HD video tapes (11gb) to put onto blu ray disc. There are two problems. The first is that both tapes read as 11 gb after capture in 1440x1280 HD , then I edit them into different chapters to put them into different chapters. I use the entire tape, but cedit it into pieces to make the movie in different scenes using video wave. When I load the cut up pieces onto the myDVD in blu ray mode, I only get about 7gb of data. Where did the compression come from? I have the quality marked to same as original.

The second problem is that I will click "burn to disc", and select the blu ray driver. To burn about 15gb of data onto the 25gb disc takes almost 24 hours. Any solutions? I've turned off all other programs and virus scanning etc.

Specs are:

HP Pavilion Elite m9500z customizable Desktop PC

• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

• AMD Phenom 9650 quad-core processor [2.3GHz]

• 4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM [4x1024] from 3GB

• 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

• 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]

• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

Add on: LG internal blu ray disc rewriter BH08 8xBD-R write speed

3 answers to this question

File size is a totally useless in video…

Files to Compliant BD Movie disc = apples to oranges

But it is taking way too long to render/burn even having no idea what you actually have???

Typical times in my tests: post-39730-1257706803.jpg

I don’t have a Quad Core but even without it 4 1/2 to 5 hours seems to work. Burn time itself is a tiny part of the equation.

So you really need to supply some actual details about your project and we will be able to see where you really stand.

File size is a totally useless in video…

Files to Compliant BD Movie disc = apples to oranges

But it is taking way too long to render/burn even having no idea what you actually have???

Typical times in my tests: post-39730-1257706803.jpg

I don’t have a Quad Core but even without it 4 1/2 to 5 hours seems to work. Burn time itself is a tiny part of the equation.

So you really need to supply some actual details about your project and we will be able to see where you really stand.

I don't understand, what kind of details? I have about 15 chapters in the menus, the encoding portion does take the majority of the time, the movie should be about 2 hours long. Please let me know of the details needed. I am new to this.

Since you are using HDV video, you should set your MyDVD project to the same thing and maybe smart render will kick in.

Open your project in MyDVD

Go to the menu FILE / Project Settings

In the Default Encoding Settings, choose LP

This should NOT recode most of your video. Just the parts you edited, transitions, effects, etc., and speed things up some.

post-49-1257743362.jpg

Edited by ggrussell