• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! DVD has no audio

Karman

Question

Hi guys,

I'm new to Mac computers in general. I just bought a Macbook Pro 15" 2 weeks ago, and along with it I also bought Toast 10 titanium (Standard Edition).

However, I seem to be having a problem burning a DVD and playing it on my DVD player or my Macbook Pro, hopefully you guys can help!

So the situation is as follows:

I tried to burn a .AVI file to a DVD+R disc using Toast 10 Titanium version 10.0.

The Video is: DivX 6.0, 608 x 464, 25 fps (I download a Xvid Codec since I could not add the .AVI file to Toast without it)

The Audio is: Dolby Digital, Stereo, 48000 Hz

When I click on the big red button on the bottom right corner to burn the DVD, Toast askes me to reincode the file content to NTSC before burning the DVD because the content is in PAL format. So I said yes. I didn't change any of the encoding options, they we're all set to default when I burned the disc. However, when I play the disc in my DVD player (TV or Macbvook Pro), there is no sound/audio. Just the video plays.

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Go to perian.org and download and install the perian codec. This enables QuickTime to decode the Dolby Audio so Toast can use it in making the new video DVD. You will need to start over with the project in Toast after installing perian. You do have a PAL video and it needs to be rescaled and the frame rate changed for NTSC play back, but that isn't what is causing the loss of audio.

Go to perian.org and download and install the perian codec. This enables QuickTime to decode the Dolby Audio so Toast can use it in making the new video DVD. You will need to start over with the project in Toast after installing perian. You do have a PAL video and it needs to be rescaled and the frame rate changed for NTSC play back, but that isn't what is causing the loss of audio.

So if i install this perian codec, the audio should work?

EDIT: I just installed the codec. It went into my system preferences. Before I restart my project in Toast, do I have to change any of the settings of Perian in System Prefs?

Edited by Karman

So if i install this perian codec, the audio should work?

EDIT: I just installed the codec. It went into my system preferences. Before I restart my project in Toast, do I have to change any of the settings of Perian in System Prefs?

No need to do anything. The default settings are all you need. Yes, this will fix the problem with no audio.

No need to do anything. The default settings are all you need. Yes, this will fix the problem with no audio.

Amazing man! It worked! How the hell did you know that lol!? I contacted Roxio support and they didnt know jack! Your the best dude! Thanks a bunch once again!

Amazing man! It worked! How the hell did you know that lol!? I contacted Roxio support and they didnt know jack! Your the best dude! Thanks a bunch once again!

You are welcome. I knew it because you are not the first to encounter this. Thank goodness for the folks who created Perian.