• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bought this product a couple of hours ago..

Adder

Question

After reading all the negative posts all over the web, I decided to buy it and see for myself. Installed first time, downloaded all the updates, connected up the VCR and captured straigh away via the phono plugs! I was amazed to say the least after all I read on it.

Only thing that wouldn't work, No signal when using S Video lead. So have to use the phono plugs. (I did set the S video option in the options part, still wouldn't work)

A couple of Questions I have that wern't in the manual that I could see.

1. When capturing what do I set the PAL/NTSC selection to? I want to burn the films to DVD to play in the UK on a standard DVD player....

2. Is it possible to edit the captured movie with any Movie editor or do I have to use the Roxio one?

3. What are the best blank DVD's to use to burn the movies too?

Cheers all and thanks Roxio for a great product (at least for me it is)

Adder

My PC Specs are:

MSI 770 C45 mainboard

AMD Phenom Dual Core 550 BE running at 3.7 GHZ

2 GIG memory

320 SATA

GeForceGTS 250 Graphics card

Windows XP Home service Pack 3

Edited by Adder

5 answers to this question

When researching a product, I use a 20% rule

I estimate the installed base and try to determine if the problem posts equal about 20% or less of that base.

If they do, it would be typical because there are always about 20% of the systems out there that just do not work right

Look at Help – About to make sure SP2 is listed in your Version Number. If not, download it and run the update.

For your S-Video, it is most likely your SCART connector output. Take it to any electronics shop nearby and they should be able to confirm that it can output on S-Video.

If I lived in the UK, I would try to keep everything in the same format from capture to burn. So I would set my capture option to PAL. (recheck it next time you open the program to make sure it sticks!)

Once you capture a file it is a DV AVI file, assuming you stick with the DV setting. That file is usable in any editor. It is only the Productons files, like dmsm & dmsd, that are never interchangable.

Let us know you make out ~ nice PC.

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to burn a few dics today but so far none will play in my DVD player, Keeps coming back with "Disc Error"

When I put the burned disc into my PC DVD player it works fine.....

I'm gonna try with some different DVD's as the ones I'm using are not great quality.

Also I'm not running the SP2 version so I need to update that.

Cheers

Adder

I just downloaded the SP2 patch but it won't install, tells me roxio easy VHS to DVD can't be found and to reinstall again then run the patch?

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to burn a few dics today but so far none will play in my DVD player, Keeps coming back with "Disc Error"

I'm gonna try with some different DVD's as the ones I'm using are not great quality.

Cheers

Adder

Read this http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm it also gives you info on where to purchase in UK.

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Adder

I just downloaded the SP2 patch but it won't install, tells me roxio easy VHS to DVD can't be found and to reinstall again then run the patch?

Double check it… That error message is issued when SP2 already exists on your PC.

As far as your Play Problem, you give nothing??? All you said was Burned – Don’t work.

Tony indicated media, which it can be but the details are of interest.

Hi Jim

When I click on the Help the about this is what the version is: 1.2.198 SP1:5.0.0.0

When I try to check for updates it says I have the latest update already installed.

Regarding the Burning I did, Everything went to plan and the movie burned to disc, I tried to play it on my DVD Player but got the error message "Disc Error"

But it played OK when I put the DVD back in my player on the PC?

It still won't let me run the update to SP2

Cheers

Adder