• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Business 10

kcisi

Question

I believe I have exhausted all resources here and now feel I have to post a request. HP dc7900 SFF-XP/SP3 Core 2 duo 3.16GHz-3GB RAM and Creator Business 10 was already installed when the PC arrived new.

Creator Business v10 stopped working out of the blue - no additional apps installed prior to this error - when executing the app to start I receive the error - Could not complete the last command because unknown error. I have followed a couple of threads here that resemble the issue: uninstall/reinstalling the app - run reg cleaner - EMC 10 Repairer etc... Absolutely no changes in behavior. Maybe I'm missing something -as I've believe I have searched this forum high and low I have not located a thread that addresses "Business" version.

Need direction....

5 answers to this question

Your version appears to be an OEM version, and not the full retail version of Easy Media Creator 10. OEM version is usually bundled with a new PC or a new burner, and is severely limited in functionality compared to a full retail version.

OEM support should be provided by the PC manufacturer. Call HP about the issue.

Another thread on Business edition here.

PS: I only got one hit on the web of the Business 10 edition and the disc is being sold for $7 at eBay!

post-114-1257796324.jpg

Edited by malatekid

OK - called and did get support from HP. First they attempted to have me complete most of what I had already attempted - re-install - run CCLEANER - did all that all ready. Two things they had me do 1) register the following dll - MSXML3.dll and update Windows media player to 11 (already on 10) (hey I have an amp that goes to 11 - :-) ) any way - their final solution (drum roll) - reinstall the OS! Not a chance for this issue!

Thought I would share that finality from HP for those of you with a similar issue - THANKS to malatekid for nudging me into a direction to bring this to a close as I never really had to trouble shoot an OEM app like this before.