• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sort Titles while in MP3 Disk

vbbuilt01

Question

While in Media browser, I find the file folder with the MP3 tracks I want to ingest. I drag/drop the file folder into the main window to create the MP3 disk.

The file names are not in the order I want, i.e. filename 01, track01, actually resides as the 3rd track when displayed in MP3 window. I want to physically move that file up two rows, that is now, in fact, occupies the first file in that folder.

Can this be done?

P.S. I've got a screen capture to show what I'm talking about but I don't know how to attach to this post.

Thanks, Vince.

2 answers to this question

An MP3 disc is a data disc in ISO 9660 format which means the file order is alpha-numeric. Therefore the track number has to come first. You might test burning an MP3 disc with iTunes to see if it does something to force the naming in the order of the playlist. Otherwise you'll need to use folders and file names that make your track order alpha-numeric.

An MP3 disc is a data disc in ISO 9660 format which means the file order is alpha-numeric. Therefore the track number has to come first. You might test burning an MP3 disc with iTunes to see if it does something to force the naming in the order of the playlist. Otherwise you'll need to use folders and file names that make your track order alpha-numeric.

Your discussion about ISO 9660 doesn't quite make sense. If that spec was so strict, then why is it so easy to reorder tracks, the very same MP3 file, based on any metadata variable present in an MP3 ID3, within iTunes? It's not the spec causing the problem, but the apparent inability of Roxio to manipulate files, in any sort order, whether alphabetically, by track number, by file size, artist, what have you. iTunes does it well. The problem I have with iTunes, is that you can't burn more than one playlist at a time to a single disk and that's where Roxio shines.

Just wish Roxio had the ability to sort files, in the same manner that iTunes allows.

Vince.