• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

BaradaNikto

MyDvd playback with occasional black screen

Question

Using MyDvd version 6 (I know, it's old), I created a slide show with 335 photos and audio track. I've successfully created several DVDs for playback. However, each DVD has the same problem. The problem occurs on my laptop and on my Sony DVD player. About every 10 minutes - approximately every 100 photos (chapters) in the slide show - the screen goes black and the sound stutters for about 2-3 seconds. This happens three different times during playback. After some investigation of the project and the files it creates, I noticed that there appeared to be three separate playback files created that comprise the slide show. Might this be correct? Would this explain the delay in loading the next file for playback?

I've noticed several posts here that detail similar problems without much resolution. I don't believe this is a hardware or media issue. I would guess the problem is related to the way the software creates the DVD for playback. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Can I get continous playback without the hang/stutter? Would an updgrade solve this probelm? Will a newer version of MyDvd import my current project so I don't have to re-do it?

1 answer to this question

Using MyDvd version 6 (I know, it's old), I created a slide show with 335 photos and audio track. I've successfully created several DVDs for playback. However, each DVD has the same problem. The problem occurs on my laptop and on my Sony DVD player. About every 10 minutes - approximately every 100 photos (chapters) in the slide show - the screen goes black and the sound stutters for about 2-3 seconds. This happens three different times during playback. After some investigation of the project and the files it creates, I noticed that there appeared to be three separate playback files created that comprise the slide show. Might this be correct? Would this explain the delay in loading the next file for playback?

I've noticed several posts here that detail similar problems without much resolution. I don't believe this is a hardware or media issue. I would guess the problem is related to the way the software creates the DVD for playback. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Can I get continous playback without the hang/stutter? Would an updgrade solve this probelm? Will a newer version of MyDvd import my current project so I don't have to re-do it?

I have a very similar problem using MyDVD 10 Premiere. The project, and the iso file that I always produce when burning, are ok, but the DVD, when played on the DVD player, has a short "black hole" corresponding to one photograph (I use the software to do the same as you: long photos presentations with audio track). The audio goes on, and there is no stutter. I thought I was doing something wrong, or thought to an hardware problem (bad DVD?) but your post tells me that it is not!

Edited by cpedrazzi