HELP. Box says "easily" archive your VHS tapes

kcjonnie

Question

Hi,

I just bought the roxio Creator 2010 special edition with the bonus video capture USB device and cables.

There are NO instructions on how to hook up the camcorder or the vcr to the computer with the USB device and cables. I have not been able to get a successful hook up, so that I can transfer old vhs tapes to my computer.

Is there a document out there that speaks to this? One concern I have, after doing some reading, is that when I was installing the software (CD in drive, installation process...) the name of the program stated roxio Creator 2009, even though the CD cover, box etc. says 2010 special edition. I bought my software at Costco.

My RCA camcorder, from what I can tell, only has a video out and an audio out. One yellow, one white. Do I need to hook the camcorder to the vcr and then to the computer, or is it a direct link from the computer to the vhs OR direct from computer to camcorder.

Can anyone help? Is there a technical support phone number that someone call walk me through this over the phone? Thank you.

Kathy

15 answers to this question

Thank you for what looks like will be a huge help.

DO I NEED an installation disk just for the video capture? My software box/Creator 2010 only has one installation disk. It does not say Video Capture on it, like the picture of the disk in your reply to me. Could I be missing this disk?

I did go to my device manger section, and there is no roxio video capture device listed. I'm getting so very frustrated.

Thank you again.

No, 2010 includes the drivers with the software disc, they are automatically installed.

I should have realized that from your first post. :huh:

JIM - Many, many thanks to you for the helpful link. It's working, yeah! I'm sure I'll be back with other questions, but for now, I'm going to play with what I've learned :)

Kathy

Thank you for what looks like will be a huge help.

DO I NEED an installation disk just for the video capture? My software box/Creator 2010 only has one installation disk. It does not say Video Capture on it, like the picture of the disk in your reply to me. Could I be missing this disk?

I did go to my device manger section, and there is no roxio video capture device listed. I'm getting so very frustrated.

Thank you again.

I am in the same boat. I purchased Roxio 2010 with the bonus USB capture. However there is no disk specifially for this. I am unclear on what to do from here. I have everything hooked up, but am not seeing any video. What am I doing wrong.

Where do you see this one page diagram?

That was my problem as well. It's on the Getting Started card that comes with the Roxio Video Capture USB device, the only piece of documentation they provide with the device. It didn't make sense to put the cables into the In ports on the VCR, but because that's what the documentation said.... At any rate, after plugging into the Out ports on the VCR the No Signal message goes away and it's ready to capture!