• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Msg "Couldn't complete Command Mac OS Error =-50" ?

greenjeensus

Question

Hi All,

I don't know what to do,

I CAN copy a CD to a CD-R with Toast, so burner and connections are OK, but get this Error message window from Toast, after I have pasted an itunes playlist into the wiindow, just as the playlist RAM is about to be filled, before a CD-R disc burn...

"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error Result = -50"

Out of 10 tries or so, ONE SONG from iTunes successfully began to get the Ram cache filled for a burn, and I assume would start burning normally, without 2 copies of the Error message comming up and then notheing.

Using Panther 10.3.9 and just upgraded to Quicktime 7.1.1 form 7.1. Upgraded Toast to 7.02 and it didn't help. Not entirley sure it is all a Quicktime issue, since I downloaded itunes library Manager scripts.

But there is something that stops Toast from reading the itunes playlist. I haven't tested all Toast functions.

Any suggestions or where exactly in the Crash Log to look for the Toast issue?

I Reinstalled Toast and Quicktime and ran Disk Warrior, as well as shutting off and replugging in all my firewire and USB devices. Using and external FW burner with Toast. I couln'dt find a Quicktime 7.01. Perhaps I will unistall Itunes Library scripts if it would help.

Could itunes scripts cause a problem for Toast reading and burning or is it Quicktime?

What a drag, this is a major malfunction. I CAN burn direct with itunes, but lose song title.

Thanks for any words of encouragement,

Dave

5 answers to this question

When you say you've pasted the playlist in Toast I don't know what that means. To use an iTunes playlist in Toast you select it in the Toast Media Browser and drag it to the Audio window. Is that how you did this?

Yes I selected the Playlist and dragged it over to the Toast audio window. Sorry wrong choice of words.

I don't know hwat to do to get Toast working again? I'm afraid maybe a reinstall of OS 10.3.9 is the answer?

Yes I selected the Playlist and dragged it over to the Toast audio window. Sorry wrong choice of words.

I don't know hwat to do to get Toast working again? I'm afraid maybe a reinstall of OS 10.3.9 is the answer?

I'm not familiar with the iTunes scripts you're referring to. Are these some from dougscripts.com? Also, what format are the tracks in iTunes that you're trying to burn with Toast?

What happens if you select the playlist tracks in iTunes and drag them to a folder on the desktop and then drag that folder to the Toast Audio window?

I'm not familiar with the iTunes scripts you're referring to. Are these some from dougscripts.com? Also, what format are the tracks in iTunes that you're trying to burn with Toast?

What happens if you select the playlist tracks in iTunes and drag them to a folder on the desktop and then drag that folder to the Toast Audio window?

Yes those are Doug's Itunes Library Manager Scripts. I removed them and no change.

I also removed Toast rebuilt my OS with disc Warrior and reinstalled Toast = the 7.02 update and rebuilt the OZ abin with Disc Warrior. restarted and still get the Toast error message.

Tried burning from a folder on the desktop as suggested and still get the error message.

I guess I'll back everything up with super duper and then reinstall the OS and upgrade everything except for Quicktime beyond 7.01, which is the last version everything worked at.

I forgot exaxtly how to reinstal my OS 10.3.9 without the new Quicktime.

Just want to make sure I have to select which Quicktime update gets installed and it doesn't get installed when I move/restore (forget the correct terminolgy) the Old system user files over to the new Panther OS copy?

ANy quick tips or tutorials about how to make sure I don't get the new Quiktime when I restore my user info to the new Panther copy?

When you say you've pasted the playlist in Toast I don't know what that means. To use an iTunes playlist in Toast you select it in the Toast Media Browser and drag it to the Audio window. Is that how you did this?

Got it figured out!

Quicktime 7.1.1 Toast-itunes Fiasco

Panther 10.3.9 Toast 7.0 and iTunes 6.5.2

Started with Quicktime 7.01... worked until I upgraded Quicktime to 7.1.1

BIG MISTAKE!

After throwing a lot of things away and reloading lots of software, I finally tracked the problem down to Quicktime. Not much help with similar problems in the Toast or Quicktime forums.

After updating my Quicktime 7.01 to 7.1.1 I could no longer Burn Apple Lossless playlists to CD-R using Toast 7.0 or the upgraded Toast 7.2. Kept getting ERROR Messages that Mac OS would not complete the command because of a problem (-50)

To get a working version of Quicktime I had to reinstall my Panther OS discs and start with Quicktime 6.5 then find an archived update to get Quicktime 7.04.

There is no downgrade for Quicktime 7.1.1

This is not nice!

There is a downgrade of Quicktime 7.04 to 7.01, where I started, but chose to keep the Quicktime 7.04 because it works with the Toast update of 7.02, so far.

Quicktime 7.04 will not work with Toast 7.0 Gets another Toast ERROR message that (Mac os?) file cannot be found.

Quicktime 7.04 Requires upgrading to Toast 7.02.

I am keeping the Quicktime 7.04 to 7.01 downgrader handy, as well as the original Toast 7.0, just in case.

Whew!

Archived