• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD

talent

Question

2 answers to this question

I have a very large slide show 716 photos vigh quality. After burning towardss the end of the play back pictures are missing.

According to the disk space I have a few KBs left but it is close to the size of the disk, is that a problem

I assume you are creating a video slideshow and not just archiving the images on the DVD.

First of all, size means nothing when talking about video DVDs - it's the timelength of the video that is important. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at the High Quality setting. You can squeeze more on the DVD but the quality gets reduced. The "high quality" of the pictures is irrelevant since everything gets encoded to 720x480 resolution.

I hope you are using Videowave (Edit-advanced) to assemble the slideshow and are using myDVD author and burn the DVD. Avoid using any of the Slideshow wizards since they seem to create all sorts of problems such as blank screens or missing pictures.

I assume you are creating a video slideshow and not just archiving the images on the DVD.

First of all, size means nothing when talking about video DVDs - it's the timelength of the video that is important. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at the High Quality setting. You can squeeze more on the DVD but the quality gets reduced. The "high quality" of the pictures is irrelevant since everything gets encoded to 720x480 resolution.

I hope you are using Videowave (Edit-advanced) to assemble the slideshow and are using myDVD author and burn the DVD. Avoid using any of the Slideshow wizards since they seem to create all sorts of problems such as blank screens or missing pictures.

I used MyDVD Project (darn)! Can I open it with Videowave or can I convert the file in another file to open it with Videowave?