COPYING A DVD

The Roxer Man

HEY HOW GOES IT?

HEY Im using Roxio Creator DE...I needed to copy an original DVD before I copied it, i checked my hard drive space, then checked it after i copied it.

anyway I took the original dvd and put it in my computer to make a copy of it, it says it makes a temporary copy, then you put the blank dvd in the drive and it puts a copy of the main dvd on that blank dvd. After I made a copy of the dvd I noticed it still used up hard drive space.

I do not where that temporary copy of the dvd is stored, i tried to search for the title of it but cant find it.

where is the default folder that roxio uses to store dvds. i want to delete it. before i copied this dvd i had 14gigs hard drive space, then made a copy of the dvd and now i have 10gig. so it used 4 gig and stored a temp copy somewhere even after i was done.

anyone know how to find it and delete it. thanks

HEY HOW GOES IT?

HEY Im using Roxio Creator DE...I needed to copy an original DVD before I copied it, i checked my hard drive space, then checked it after i copied it.

anyway I took the original dvd and put it in my computer to make a copy of it, it says it makes a temporary copy, then you put the blank dvd in the drive and it puts a copy of the main dvd on that blank dvd. After I made a copy of the dvd I noticed it still used up hard drive space.

I do not where that temporary copy of the dvd is stored, i tried to search for the title of it but cant find it.

where is the default folder that roxio uses to store dvds. i want to delete it. before i copied this dvd i had 14gigs hard drive space, then made a copy of the dvd and now i have 10gig. so it used 4 gig and stored a temp copy somewhere even after i was done.

Reboot your computer, and see if you get your space, back.

What OS are you running?

HEY HOW GOES IT?

... so it used 4 gig and stored a temp copy somewhere even after i was done.

You can define the workspace for the DiscCopy utility; go to Options and explore.

The usual Windows Temp folders are specified using the Windows Environment variables TEMP and TMP; usually they point to the same location. Enter in the Address line of Windows Explorer "%TMP%" and "%TEMP%"; Windows then replaces the %xyz% variable by its content. (Read Windows Help re Environment variable.)

Hope this helps.

CCleaner should also get you back some disc space. How large is your hard drive? 10G free on a small drive may be a problem in the future; if it is 10G on a large one, you may not be able to defrag. Remove any programs you don use with Revo Uninstaller in the moderate mode and use Auslogics Defraggmenter to quickly defrag that drive. You computer will run faster and better.

All three programs are free and easily found using Google.