• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

export button

Roy Eisner

Question

6 answers to this question

Toast 10 now has a Convert window to do the exports. Clicking the red button in the Convert window opens the window where you choose your export options. The Convert window is the icon just to the right of the Copy icon.

Uh, what "Convert window"?

I take a long audio file into Spin Doctor, have it identify tracks as best it can, then export them to toast using "Send all active tracts to Toast Audio CD". I used to use Toast 6 and export the files to a folder for further audio editing, but I cannot figure out how to export the files. When I go to Help, there is nothing on Export or Convert. If I save as a disk image, the audio editor will not accept the files.

OK, I have now found the instructions. It says "At the far left side of the Toast window, click Convert and choose Audio Files." I sware there is no such window. It would be nice to have a picture or something. The manual has nothing in the index about "Convert". Very frustrating.

Edited by TheHammer610

Uh, what "Convert window"?

I take a long audio file into Spin Doctor, have it identify tracks as best it can, then export them to toast using "Send all active tracts to Toast Audio CD". I used to use Toast 6 and export the files to a folder for further audio editing, but I cannot figure out how to export the files. When I go to Help, there is nothing on Export or Convert. If I save as a disk image, the audio editor will not accept the files.

OK, I have now found the instructions. It says "At the far left side of the Toast window, click Convert and choose Audio Files." I sware there is no such window. It would be nice to have a picture or something. The manual has nothing in the index about "Convert". Very frustrating.

At the top left of the Toast window there are five icons representing (from left to right) Data, Audio, Video, Copy and Convert. Click the icon for the Convert window. In that window the big red button does what the export button did in Toast 6. However, I don't know how to get Spin Doctor's send to Toast to send the tracks to the Convert instead of the Audio window. What I suggest is use Save Active Tracks from the Spin Doctor File menu to save the tracks somewhere on your hard drive and then drag them into the Toast Convert window.

At the top left of the Toast window there are five icons representing (from left to right) Data, Audio, Video, Copy and Convert. Click the icon for the Convert window. In that window the big red button does what the export button did in Toast 6. However, I don't know how to get Spin Doctor's send to Toast to send the tracks to the Convert instead of the Audio window. What I suggest is use Save Active Tracks from the Spin Doctor File menu to save the tracks somewhere on your hard drive and then drag them into the Toast Convert window.

You are right about the problem in that when I click on the "Convert" button, my files disappear, so there is no way that I can export the files like I did in Toast 6.

I don't know if you work for Roxio or not. I know that the Roxio people work very hard to make their product attractive. I would suggest several areas of improvement:

1) Mention "Convert" or "Convert Files" in the index of the user manual so we can find information about this function.

2) When I hover over the icons in Toast, have a description pop up. Your convert icon does not communicate this convert function well.

3) Restore the export files from the Audio disk function.

As it turns out, your suggestion of "Save Active Tracks" from Spin Doctor works very well. I can open them directly into the audio editing program thereby skipping the export tracks from Toast step that I had been doing.

Thanks for your help.

You are right about the problem in that when I click on the "Convert" button, my files disappear, so there is no way that I can export the files like I did in Toast 6.

I don't know if you work for Roxio or not. I know that the Roxio people work very hard to make their product attractive. I would suggest several areas of improvement:

1) Mention "Convert" or "Convert Files" in the index of the user manual so we can find information about this function.

2) When I hover over the icons in Toast, have a description pop up. Your convert icon does not communicate this convert function well.

3) Restore the export files from the Audio disk function.

As it turns out, your suggestion of "Save Active Tracks" from Spin Doctor works very well. I can open them directly into the audio editing program thereby skipping the export tracks from Toast step that I had been doing.

Thanks for your help.

Good suggestions. There is a feedback link in the Toast Help menu that is good for sending tips (and reporting bugs) to Roxio. I don't have any direct ties with Roxio. They sometimes browse through the posts but they may miss yours.

Good suggestions. There is a feedback link in the Toast Help menu that is good for sending tips (and reporting bugs) to Roxio. I don't have any direct ties with Roxio. They sometimes browse through the posts but they may miss yours.

Check out some tutorials here:

http://mymoments.roxio.com/enu/default.html

and here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=51328

Also, when you click on the convert tab, go down to the video or audio files tab depending on what you want to import and click on that, then drag the files that you want to convert into the middle area.

You are right in that the UI is not always intuitive and the manual does leave room for improvement.