Install

danat14

Question

I have used EMC 7 & 7.5 for the past two years. I just purchased a new DELL computer and decided to load EMC 8 to the new computer.

I recieved the following error message while installing EMC 8:

Internal Error 2753

slm_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CCA__C21C3

F657599

The new computer is a:

DELL Dimension XPS 400, Intel Pentium D PRocessor 820

1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ

256MB PCI Express x16

250GB SATA II HArd Drive

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 205

Where can I go next to get this loaded before I go back to the EMC 7.5?

9 answers to this question

Thanks you for the help.

I removed all Sonic programs. This did not help. I changed the Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old and this worked. EMC 8 is loaded, updated to 8.05.

This is my first encounter with this forum. I have been reading posts and getting help through others. I am sure I'll be back

Thanks again.

I'm having a similar problem on my wife's Dell 4700 running Windows XP Home. I changed The Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old and rebooted. Error message while trying to install Creator 8 is as follows: "Internal Error 2753 Sim_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CC4_C21C_3F657599"

There are several Sonic programs on the computer but none that I can deciper from Sonic DLA description. On the unit are the following. Advise as to which may conflict: Sonic Audio Module: Sonic Data Module: Sonic My DVD Studio Deluxe Suite: Sonic Record Now Deluxe: Sonic Update Manager.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm having a similar problem on my wife's Dell 4700 running Windows XP Home. I changed The Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old and rebooted. Error message while trying to install Creator 8 is as follows: "Internal Error 2753 Sim_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CC4_C21C_3F657599"

There are several Sonic programs on the computer but none that I can deciper from Sonic DLA description. On the unit are the following. Advise as to which may conflict: Sonic Audio Module: Sonic Data Module: Sonic My DVD Studio Deluxe Suite: Sonic Record Now Deluxe: Sonic Update Manager.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It sure sounds like the Sonic suite was included and that would mean, most likely, DLA. Go into the Control Panel then to Add/Remove programs and see if Sonic DLA is listed.

If Dell provided you with a backup Sonic disc, you can always remove all the Sonic programs, try installing EMC and if you want some of the Sonic stuff back, install it later. However, what's on the Dell is the lite version of what Sonic offers and in my opinion, you get much more with EMC.

It sure sounds like the Sonic suite was included and that would mean, most likely, DLA. Go into the Control Panel then to Add/Remove programs and see if Sonic DLA is listed.

If Dell provided you with a backup Sonic disc, you can always remove all the Sonic programs, try installing EMC and if you want some of the Sonic stuff back, install it later. However, what's on the Dell is the lite version of what Sonic offers and in my opinion, you get much more with EMC.

Did as suggested. No Sonic DLA item listed in Add/Remove Proigrams listing. As I have installers for all the Sonic apps I listed previously, I uninstalled all apps with Sonic in their name, rebooted and attempted again to reinstall EMC 8. Same exact error message popped up as previously listed after it got about 7/8 thru the initial installation indicator bar. (as it has been doing in the past) I've gotten everything else installed and running on this machine, after my Windows XP reinstall, except this one program. Very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

I have used EMC 7 & 7.5 for the past two years. I just purchased a new DELL computer and decided to load EMC 8 to the new computer.

I recieved the following error message while installing EMC 8:

Internal Error 2753

slm_dispatch.dll.3D53BFF2_BCAB_45D1_9CCA__C21C3

F657599

The new computer is a:

DELL Dimension XPS 400, Intel Pentium D PRocessor 820

1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ

256MB PCI Express x16

250GB SATA II HArd Drive

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 205

Where can I go next to get this loaded before I go back to the EMC 7.5?

First thing to do is to remove any conflicting software. EMC has Drag to Disc which is a packet writing program. Most Dells come with Sonic DLA which is the same and they can't run together. If you've installed D2D this might be causing the problem.

I posted to another thread with the same error number and it worked. So, assuming the above is not the problem, try this.

go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and rename Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old. Then, reinstall EMC 8

Let me know if it works for you.

Did as suggested. No Sonic DLA item listed in Add/Remove Proigrams listing. As I have installers for all the Sonic apps I listed previously, I uninstalled all apps with Sonic in their name, rebooted and attempted again to reinstall EMC 8. Same exact error message popped up as previously listed after it got about 7/8 thru the initial installation indicator bar. (as it has been doing in the past) I've gotten everything else installed and running on this machine, after my Windows XP reinstall, except this one program. Very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

I knew this error sounded familiar. In early May I posted another posters suggestion that worked. Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and rename Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old. Then, reinstall EMC 8 and let me know. Sorry, as my years advance, I can't remember as well as I should.

On one of your reply posts you advised "after my windows XP reinstall". Did you do a complete clean reinstall, repair or Dell's Recovery discs ?. After the XP "reinstall" I wouldn't think you would have any trace of a Roxio shared folder. And based on your other statements, it sounds like you had to "reinstall" all of your other programs. Is there a chance that reinstalling all your other programs after the XP reinstall, there still might be one of these programs interferring with the EMC installatiion ?

I knew this error sounded familiar. In early May I posted another posters suggestion that worked. Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and rename Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old. Then, reinstall EMC 8 and let me know. Sorry, as my years advance, I can't remember as well as I should.

I know where you're coming from! I tried that re-nameing in one of my earlier attempts to install, as I had come across it in the discussion thread, probably posted by you. It is still listed as such and has not solved the problem. Anything else you can think of?

In the interim, I reinstalled Easy Media Creator 7.5 which is functioning fine.

[..]I tried that re-nameing in one of my earlier attempts to install, as I had come across it in the discussion thread, probably posted by you. It is still listed as such [..].

When you say "it is still listed as such" do you mean that it was not renamed?

I agree that the most likely cause is a corrupted file in the Roxio Shared folder. Rename that folder, make sure that it is indeed renamed and that you do not have a folder called "Roxio Shared" om your hard drive and than reinstall Easy Media Creator 8

First thing to do is to remove any conflicting software. EMC has Drag to Disc which is a packet writing program. Most Dells come with Sonic DLA which is the same and they can't run together. If you've installed D2D this might be causing the problem.

I posted to another thread with the same error number and it worked. So, assuming the above is not the problem, try this.

go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and rename Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old. Then, reinstall EMC 8

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks you for the help.

I removed all Sonic programs. This did not help. I changed the Roxio Shared to Roxio Shared.old and this worked. EMC 8 is loaded, updated to 8.05.

This is my first encounter with this forum. I have been reading posts and getting help through others. I am sure I'll be back

Thanks again.

Archived