• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009

ddematto

Question

I had created a production awhile back in MyDVD and was not able to burn, as it would hang up. I was told on here to create in Videowave then import to MYDVD and burn. Well, I did that. I recreated the entire production and imported to mydvd and attempted burning. It hung up. So I then went back to videowave and attempted to make a videofile. During the rendering it also hangs up. What am I doing wrong?????

I had created a production awhile back in MyDVD and was not able to burn, as it would hang up. I was told on here to create in Videowave then import to MYDVD and burn. Well, I did that. I recreated the entire production and imported to mydvd and attempted burning. It hung up. So I then went back to videowave and attempted to make a videofile. During the rendering it also hangs up. What am I doing wrong?????

Probably nothing. There may be something wrong with a file in your production. When it is encoding, note the time at which it starts to hang, and look at what is there, in VideoWave. You can save the production, as another name, then delete that file, in VideoWave, and either try outputting it there, or bring it into MyDVD, and try to burn to an image file, instead of directly to a DVD.

Probably nothing. There may be something wrong with a file in your production. When it is encoding, note the time at which it starts to hang, and look at what is there, in VideoWave. You can save the production, as another name, then delete that file, in VideoWave, and either try outputting it there, or bring it into MyDVD, and try to burn to an image file, instead of directly to a DVD.

I have done this and I have deleted files. The last attempt I made it encoded to 99% of the movie it was encoding and then just sat there with 74% of the production completed. I removed that final video clip and attempted it again. Once again it hung up on the last clip in the production at 99%. Task manager shows video wave as running however the processes for videowave is at 0% for CPU usage. While actually encoding it runs abvout 85-95%. So now it is hanging on the final one again, which it previously encoded in other attempts. ANY IDEAS????? This is really getting frustrating and lacking any enjoyment. I can play the entire production on my PC from MYDVD ADVANCED in preview, yet I keep getting stuck. Not fun anymore.

Thanks for the help. I have tried and I am unable to get this to work. I have deleted over half the movie, so whats the sense??? I have used this in the past and although I have had problems, I was eventually able to burn what I wanted. This is just too frustrating. I am going to try this in Corel Video Studeo Pro. I would have purchased Creator 2010 but why. The products don't work smoothly. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. I have tried and I am unable to get this to work. I have deleted over half the movie, so whats the sense??? I have used this in the past and although I have had problems, I was eventually able to burn what I wanted. This is just too frustrating. I am going to try this in Corel Video Studeo Pro. I would have purchased Creator 2010 but why. The products don't work smoothly. Thanks again.

The point was to isolate what part of your files were killing it…

Do you want to know how to proceed from there, or do you want to throw more money and software at it and hope that will fix it???

The point was to isolate what part of your files were killing it…

Do you want to know how to proceed from there, or do you want to throw more money and software at it and hope that will fix it???

I just want to get it working. It plays just fine in preview. It was built in videowave. Everytime I try to burn it frezzes. So I remove that file, try again and then it freezes on another. It always is a file that it has previously passed in the encoding process. If you care to help me through this please do. I want to get this to work with Creator, I like the program. It just doesn't seem to want to burn for me and I have expended alot of time on this already. If I keep deleting files I will be left with nothing.

I just want to get it working. It plays just fine in preview. It was built in videowave. Everytime I try to burn it frezzes. So I remove that file, try again and then it freezes on another. It always is a file that it has previously passed in the encoding process. If you care to help me through this please do. I want to get this to work with Creator, I like the program. It just doesn't seem to want to burn for me and I have expended alot of time on this already. If I keep deleting files I will be left with nothing.

Something certainly doesn't sound right, with your computer. Shut of any antivirus, popup blockers, and any uneccessary programs running at start up.

First, defrag your hard drive, even if whatever defragger you have, says it doesn't need defragging. It does.

Then, shut of any antivirus, popup blockers, and any uneccessary programs running at start up.

Open MyDVD, bring in the first production that you had trouble with, set the Quality, at the bottom right side of your screen, to High Quality (HQ).

Click on the Burn button, uncheck Burn to disc, and check Create Folder Set. Change the location of where it is to go to a folder that you have created for this project, and also give it a name.

Then, click Burn, and don't touch your computer until the software has gone through its paces.

If the entire video encodes, then save your production again, in MyDVD, close MyDVD, open Video Copy And Convert, and burn your production to a DVD. (Click on the DVD Video Copy tab, click on the dropdown arrow below Source, click on Browse for disc image....., go to the Video_TS folder, and bring in your movie. Then click burn.)

Something certainly doesn't sound right, with your computer. Shut of any antivirus, popup blockers, and any uneccessary programs running at start up.

First, defrag your hard drive, even if whatever defragger you have, says it doesn't need defragging. It does.

Then, shut of any antivirus, popup blockers, and any uneccessary programs running at start up.

Open MyDVD, bring in the first production that you had trouble with, set the Quality, at the bottom right side of your screen, to High Quality (HQ).

Click on the Burn button, uncheck Burn to disc, and check Create Folder Set. Change the location of where it is to go to a folder that you have created for this project, and also give it a name.

Then, click Burn, and don't touch your computer until the software has gone through its paces.

If the entire video encodes, then save your production again, in MyDVD, close MyDVD, open Video Copy And Convert, and burn your production to a DVD. (Click on the DVD Video Copy tab, click on the dropdown arrow below Source, click on Browse for disc image....., go to the Video_TS folder, and bring in your movie. Then click burn.)

I will do all the above. Thanks for the hope that this will help. Just got in from work so may be late tomorrow til I can tell you how it went. Thanx for the time.

What I found when creating the DVD (OK, I am creating the image file, before burning the actual DVD) that, on occasion, the VideoWave11 would then at that point use only CPU time but no IO is done; further analysis showed that the application went into a Wait Chain where one thread would wait on the other, which is waiting on some event -- if not waiting for each other.

Only remedy: End Program; perhaps even restarting the PC. I helps if you do not open other programs, until the DVD image is ready.

The VideoWave11 / MyDVD program does have some quirks; e.g., it is unacceptable (IMHO) that the program uses one full CPU core for minutes if you just do minor text editing in the Menus!

Just my two pennies... ;)

I will do all the above. Thanks for the hope that this will help. Just got in from work so may be late tomorrow til I can tell you how it went. Thanx for the time.

Last evening I started the defreag of both my HDD's. Although they said in norton 360 not needed, (7% and 5%) I did as you recommended. It took some time. Well I then got up early this am (4am to be exact---my wife thinks I am obsessed-which I may be) to give all this a try. I did all recommended. The bad----hung up again. The good...the program encoded farther than it had previously. Also I noted that the encoding process started zipping along. Previously one 5 second clip (PICTURE) could take up to 10 seconds to get encoded and a video, multiply the duration by 3. This time it plowed through in fast forward until it hung up. So I deleted the file it hung up on and the next one in the series as well. Tried again and I was back to slow encoding and hanging up near beginning. So I am now defragging again, have everything shut off and I will try the process again minus a few more clips. It did look promising on that first attempt.

Something I just realized may have to do with my problem, not sure. I asked myself why I am defregging both drives. The answer, I have clips/photos on both drives and the program is bouncing back and forth pulling them for encoding. Before I actually try again I am going to place all the photos and vids in one folder on one drive and re-locate them all in the program. Save and then try this again. I'll let you know how it goes. Its going to take some time but if nothing else it should aid the programs operating speed.

I was out yesterday…

Here is what I would try. If you did your project right, you did all of it in VideoWave and then put the VW dmsm files into MyDVD???

If you did not, then bang together a test project using everything that is in your Project. Don't pour any effort into it, just looking to get all of the elements together…

While in VW, Export As a "MPEG-2 FOR dvd, best quality".

Start a new Project in MyDVD, add the resulting file from the Export and burn it to an RW.

How does that work out.

I was out yesterday…

Here is what I would try. If you did your project right, you did all of it in VideoWave and then put the VW dmsm files into MyDVD???

If you did not, then bang together a test project using everything that is in your Project. Don't pour any effort into it, just looking to get all of the elements together…

While in VW, Export As a "MPEG-2 FOR dvd, best quality".

Start a new Project in MyDVD, add the resulting file from the Export and burn it to an RW.

How does that work out.

Well I completed moving all files to one drive. I then defragged again.Disabled firewalls and popup blockers. I relocated all the files. While doing this each time I would reach a group of .mov files to tell the program where the files are, videowave would crash (need to close due to error). This has happened each and every I try to tell the program where these files are. I am first going to remove creator from my computer and then put it back on. Then I will try to relocate what files are missing from production(s). I will then continue with these steps you have given me here.

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled software. Now I can relocate all my files without shutting down. Anyway, I did attempt to make the video file (it would not work----hung up). I then tried to output to mydvd express and burn....recieved error code 8004520C error while encoding movie 1. It never started the encoding. The encoding screen popped up and both overall task and progrees jumped up to 100% with the error. AAARGH

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled software. Now I can relocate all my files without shutting down. Anyway, I did attempt to make the video file (it would not work----hung up). I then tried to output to mydvd express and burn....recieved error code 8004520C error while encoding movie 1. It never started the encoding. The encoding screen popped up and both overall task and progrees jumped up to 100% with the error. AAARGH

I Googled this error code and that's what I got:

Defrag your drive.

Please follow the suggestions in that article.

Hope this helps.

I have defragged several times but then attempted burn. I will try the directions in the articla after defragging ........ again.

Until you get your rendering problems (in Videowave) sorted out there is not much point in even attempting a burn :rolleyes:

I would go back to VW and slowly build up the project by adding files and then Output As. If it works add another file. Maybe at some point it will hang and that should tell you that there is a problem with a source file. Don't use any transitions, special effects at this point.

BTW, how long in time is your full production? I looked through the whole thread and it seems you never listed your system specs (may have missed it though) - could you list them especially video card?

Until you get your rendering problems (in Videowave) sorted out there is not much point in even attempting a burn :rolleyes:

I would go back to VW and slowly build up the project by adding files and then Output As. If it works add another file. Maybe at some point it will hang and that should tell you that there is a problem with a source file. Don't use any transitions, special effects at this point.

BTW, how long in time is your full production? I looked through the whole thread and it seems you never listed your system specs (may have missed it though) - could you list them especially video card?

I have decided that is what I must do. I am beginning to believe the problem may be my computer. No problems anywhere else, just with trying to do this production. Anyway, I had issues with this for awhile before I asked for help in the forum. I would slightly change the product and save as a different name. I am now at a point that when I call up a production and use either story view or timeline the icons for the pixs/vids is all distorted and fuzzy. If I double click the icon and bring that item up, when I close it that specific icon in the story or timeline is clear. I am wondering if I might have a RAM issue. Whatever may be causing that I intend to delete all the differently named productions and remove/reinstall Roxio. Then start all over and do as you recommend. I will do only one or two frams at a time and keep Outputting as using the same name. Hopefully I will get through this. Very frustrating as I have several hundred hours in working on and then trying to get it right before ever trying to output or burn, only to find I have a problem. Anyway I thank everyone that has attempted to help with this issue. I will continue to post on here to hopefully let eveyone know what the problem was.

I have decided that is what I must do. I am beginning to believe the problem may be my computer. No problems anywhere else, just with trying to do this production. Anyway, I had issues with this for awhile before I asked for help in the forum. I would slightly change the product and save as a different name. I am now at a point that when I call up a production and use either story view or timeline the icons for the pixs/vids is all distorted and fuzzy. If I double click the icon and bring that item up, when I close it that specific icon in the story or timeline is clear. I am wondering if I might have a RAM issue. Whatever may be causing that I intend to delete all the differently named productions and remove/reinstall Roxio. Then start all over and do as you recommend. I will do only one or two frams at a time and keep Outputting as using the same name. Hopefully I will get through this. Very frustrating as I have several hundred hours in working on and then trying to get it right before ever trying to output or burn, only to find I have a problem. Anyway I thank everyone that has attempted to help with this issue. I will continue to post on here to hopefully let eveyone know what the problem was.

I just went to remove programs and I found one I hadnt noticed before Windows XP video decoder. I found it and opened it and I found this:

ULEAD MPEG Video decoder uldsmpeg.ax

and

ULEAD MPEG video decoder 2 ULDVDVIDEO.ax

listed with the red meatball signifying something wrong. When I looked both up I get:

"This decoder is not compatable with the synchronization feature of windows media player 10. We recommend against setting this as prefferred decoder."

How can I change video decoders?

Is there somewhere I can go and do a copy and paste instead of typing all.

I think the main things you are looking for are:

HDD- 500g 371g available

Ram 2g

Windows XP Home media edition

CPU pentium 4

video card is what came with the system---intel 82915g/gc/910gl express chipset family.

I have been using software rendering and perhaps that is where the issue is considering I have found this error I mentioned in the last post. HMMM.

I haven't emptied my trash bin yet. Maybe this is the problem and I need to change the video decoding software, but how? I know I have XVID on here. I am in uncharted territory here.

Hey all,

Just wanted to update this. First off, thanks again for all your help and advice. After starting all over, using video wave and outputting as MPEG2 DVD Best quality after about every 7 or 8 clips/photos, I have been able to get about half way through my production in VW and create good outputs. Anyway, as it turns out, there was an entire group of .avi files all from the same camera that were causing it to hang. I have converted all of those files to .wmv using avs convertor and now I am getting this project to come along nicely. I havent attempted a burn yet but I will within the next day or two as I am just about at the half way point. Thanks again. I'll let you know when I finally get this done successfully, but so far so good. Oh yeah, the defrag thing is a must. I find I have to do it just about everyday or else I start loosing some of the little functions available in videowave.

I was able to output a project to a movie and it rendered all of the way. I was then able to import that movie to Mydvd and create a disk. However, the quality was all none too good so I tried to output the videowave project directly to my dvd instead and create my movie. It gets through encoding the movie and menu okay. After the menu encoding it encodes something else, I think writing format (maybe). ANyway this is where it is now failing and I get "Project_build to device() Author Script call failed. Error while writing format". Any ideas????

HELP.

Okay, I finally have the movies re-worked (all in video wave and I have been able to encode them and save them. I then created a menu and imported the movies so Imay finally burn a disk. Here is what happened.

Imported 2 movies and burned at 16x on a DVD-r. Project size is 4429.4meg with 270.6 free on the disk. The project itself is an AVCHD. Project began burning just fine, however took 8 hours. Encoded both movies okay. Imported media okay. Encoded menu okay. When writing format, the process got to 75% (overall 50%) then dropped back to 25% and overall 71%. It began proceeding again. Then it goes to 100% and I get

"Project_Build to Device () Author Script Failed. Error while writing format."

Any ideas/suggestions.

I had virus protection and firewalls disabled. As far as cpu usage it was sitting near 20% during the process of writing format.

HELP.

Okay, I finally have the movies re-worked (all in video wave and I have been able to encode them and save them. I then created a menu and imported the movies so Imay finally burn a disk. Here is what happened.

"Project_Build to Device () Author Script Failed. Error while writing format."

Any ideas/suggestions.

I had virus protection and firewalls disabled. As far as cpu usage it was sitting near 20% during the process of writing format.

since you can never exclude problems writing directly to DVD; you want to create the .ISO file (the image of the DVD project) on harddrive first; then burn (contents of the) .ISO to the DVD media.