Please help with videowave!

diablolives

Question

Hi ... this is the first time I have ever left a post on a site like this so I am sorry for anything that I have done that I should not be doing!! I would like to say thank you to all the people who leave replies to this site !!! It is amazing how much time you people are willing to put into helping out total strangers ... (if only roxio had the same feeling of wanting to help ... after all ... who am I but a supporter of their product!!) Ok, enough of that ... there is plenty of time to talk about Roxio's lack of wanting to take any responsability for a product that they sell in another forum!!

Let me first start by saying that overall I think creator 8 has a lot of great features ... the dvd authoring software has everything I want ... took some time to get used to the interface (some poor desighns) but it is packed with features!!

B U T ..... I am having some problems with videowave. I am using the dazzle dvc90 that I got with the deluxe version of creator 8. It seems to capture just fine. I usually keep my captures under 10 minutes so I can work with them (less then 1 gig). When I play the individual files they play great on the computer .... quality is as good as to be expected from 10 year old video tape (as a matter of fact I was actually able to improve the brightness with a combination of the controlls in the capture program). But when I wanted to re-combine the videos using videowave the audio is slightly out of sink ... (not much but enough to make the lips look funny when talking). Even if I just take a single 8 minute file place it into videowave and output (resave) the file the audio is out of sink. (I have tried saving in differnt formats ... dv highest quality with ac3 audio, and several non-ac3 formats, and even a tv mode with mpeg 1 audio) same thing .. the audio is out of sink!!! What the heck!! I have adobe premiere but to be honest it does way more then I need and it takes FOREVER to render (like 5 hours for a 25 minute video ) Hell videowave did the same video in about 10 minutes ... although the audio was out of sink when it was finished!! (at least Adobe 6.5 finally outputs to mpeg2!!)

I have read all your posts ... I have the newest video drivers and I think my directx drivers are 9.0c but I am not sure how to check that.

PLEASE HELP

My computer is a brand new with a fresh copy of widows xp(service pack 2 installed) motherboard is a kn8 sli by Abit (all chipsets and drivers are updated for that too) my video is a geforce 7600 gt with updated drivers.

My cpu is an AMD 4200 dual core and I have 1.5 gigs of hyperx ddr ram. I also have 2-300 gig sata hard drives in the computer.

I updated this systeme for one reason .. to get my vhs tapes and my digital tapes onto dvd (I have not even tried the digital tapes yet ... I hope it works better!! Ihave a sony digital camcorder with 10 filled tapes of video.)

If there is anything I can do to get the audio and video in sink please let me know ... I have read in the posts that there may be some type of hot fix for the audio but I cant find a link for it. Any advice would be appreciated!!! And if anyone knows how to check what version of directx I am running that would help too.

thanks in advance~~~!!!

2 answers to this question

I haven't played with that device very much but I have been able to work with it a little. Try capturing the video and then working with them (in VideoWave) as "avi" files. That creates larger files but you have plenty of space. That has helped others get rid of a sync issue. You will have to decide if the avi file quality is good enough. It should be since those tapes are pretty old.

If you have a digital camera, you can capture those digital tapes through the firewire port on your camera directly to your computer's firewire port so you don't have to use the DVC90. In fact, if your camera allows pass through, you can connect the video player through the camera into the computer. there are a lot of posts about how to do this. It might be a better solution.

If you can do all you talked about, you do have DirectX 9© but you can check by going to Windows Start/Run and type in "dxdiag" and OK. The first page that shows up lists the version and build number.

B U T ..... I am having some problems with videowave. I am using the dazzle dvc90 that I got with the deluxe version of creator 8. It seems to capture just fine. I usually keep my captures under 10 minutes so I can work with them (less then 1 gig). When I play the individual files they play great on the computer .... quality is as good as to be expected from 10 year old video tape (as a matter of fact I was actually able to improve the brightness with a combination of the controlls in the capture program). But when I wanted to re-combine the videos using videowave the audio is slightly out of sink ... (not much but enough to make the lips look funny when talking). Even if I just take a single 8 minute file place it into videowave and output (resave) the file the audio is out of sink. (I have tried saving in differnt formats ... dv highest quality with ac3 audio, and several non-ac3 formats, and even a tv mode with mpeg 1 audio) same thing .. the audio is out of sink!!! What the heck!! I have adobe premiere but to be honest it does way more then I need and it takes FOREVER to render (like 5 hours for a 25 minute video ) Hell videowave did the same video in about 10 minutes ... although the audio was out of sink when it was finished!! (at least Adobe 6.5 finally outputs to mpeg2!!)

I have read all your posts ... I have the newest video drivers and I think my directx drivers are 9.0c but I am not sure how to check that.

PLEASE HELP

My computer is a brand new with a fresh copy of widows xp(service pack 2 installed) motherboard is a kn8 sli by Abit (all chipsets and drivers are updated for that too) my video is a geforce 7600 gt with updated drivers.

My cpu is an AMD 4200 dual core and I have 1.5 gigs of hyperx ddr ram. I also have 2-300 gig sata hard drives in the computer.

I updated this systeme for one reason .. to get my vhs tapes and my digital tapes onto dvd (I have not even tried the digital tapes yet ... I hope it works better!! Ihave a sony digital camcorder with 10 filled tapes of video.)

If there is anything I can do to get the audio and video in sink please let me know ... I have read in the posts that there may be some type of hot fix for the audio but I cant find a link for it. Any advice would be appreciated!!! And if anyone knows how to check what version of directx I am running that would help too.

thanks in advance~~~!!!

Archived