• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy VHS to DVD NOT SO EASY

domini6911

Question

I have had roxio products for YEARS, :D but never been so disappointed in my life, :angry2: Bought Easy VHS to DVD followed instructions it would not load,The capture usb card did not read ...my comp said drive could not be found, even with the disc, it then destroyed my Roxio creator 10 program, then i deleted them both from comp, reinstalled creator 10 totally would not work, I then went to Roxio's website , to look for a phone number to talk to a person but you have to pay to get help with a product you bought! so then i did this ticket thing on Oct. 24th, heard nothing did another on the 27th ,checked today and they were closed ( my previous tickets!) Could somebody let me know what im doing wrong! I really appreciate your time in helping.

sincerely Vince

6 answers to this question

That could be Walt…

But note that the SP1 for Creator 2010 has been fixed so that it no longer will cause that. Of course it requires another download and uninstalling and reinstalling 2010

Not worth the trouble when I can just reinstall V2D and go on my way… :lol: I haven't done it yet, to many other fires to stomp out!

Actually if you have C2010 installed you don't need V2D at all since V2D is fully included in C2010. I could uninstall V2D but I am sure that will also "break" C2010. :angry:

Actually if you have C2010 installed you don't need V2D at all since V2D is fully included in C2010. I could uninstall V2D but I am sure that will also "break" C2010. :angry:

Oh yes I agree, any of the Suites are superior. Likewise I doubt the OP has 2010.

Buy to your concerns, No! There is absolulty no interplay from installing/uninstalling V2D and 2010 or the same for 2010… The only problem was 2010 the first SP1.

Of course 2009 is different story…

I have had roxio products for YEARS, :D but never been so disappointed in my life, :angry2: Bought Easy VHS to DVD followed instructions it would not load,The capture usb card did not read ...my comp said drive could not be found, even with the disc, it then destroyed my Roxio creator 10 program, then i deleted them both from comp, reinstalled creator 10 totally would not work, I then went to Roxio's website , to look for a phone number to talk to a person but you have to pay to get help with a product you bought! so then i did this ticket thing on Oct. 24th, heard nothing did another on the 27th ,checked today and they were closed ( my previous tickets!) Could somebody let me know what im doing wrong! I really appreciate your time in helping.

sincerely Vince

Hi Domini -

Installing Easy VHS to DVD will erase Creator 10 to avoid conflicts. I know, too little too late on that info.

That said you have to choose which app you want to keep as they are based on different code.

I can give you help on either process as well as any other user s or Gurus here.

Jon

Hi Domini -

Installing Easy VHS to DVD will erase Creator 10 to avoid conflicts. I know, too little too late on that info.

That said you have to choose which app you want to keep as they are based on different code.

I can give you help on either process as well as any other user s or Gurus here.

Jon

I do not agree with Jon on this… ;)

V2D is based on 2009 and 2009 and EMC 10 can both be installed in any order and there are no conflicts.

You need to do a Clean Install to clean up the remnants of both, then properly install V2D.

Vista/Win7

XP

(see cdanteek's pinned post at the top on how to do the install correctly)

Run with V2D for a time then decide if you even need anything from EMC 10.

As Jon said, we will be happy to help out on this.

I do not agree with Jon on this… ;)

V2D is based on 2009 and 2009 and EMC 10 can both be installed in any order and there are no conflicts.

You need to do a Clean Install to clean up the remnants of both, then properly install V2D.

Vista/Win7

XP

(see cdanteek's pinned post at the top on how to do the install correctly)

Run with V2D for a time then decide if you even need anything from EMC 10.

As Jon said, we will be happy to help out on this.

Jim, I have a feeling that Jon is referring to Creator 2010 and not EMC 10. :rolleyes:

I installed VHS2DVD on my Vista PC that had EMC 10 installed and "everyone" was happy. When C2010 came out, I installed it also and still everyone was happy. The first SP1 for C2010 though broke VHS2DVD.

Jim, I have a feeling that Jon is referring to Creator 2010 and not EMC 10. :rolleyes:

I installed VHS2DVD on my Vista PC that had EMC 10 installed and "everyone" was happy. When C2010 came out, I installed it also and still everyone was happy. The first SP1 for C2010 though broke VHS2DVD.

That could be Walt…

But note that the SP1 for Creator 2010 has been fixed so that it no longer will cause that. Of course it requires another download and uninstalling and reinstalling 2010

Not worth the trouble when I can just reinstall V2D and go on my way… :lol: I haven't done it yet, to many other fires to stomp out!

Archived