• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pause in video while capturing

typesix

Question

Any way to stop the program from stopping the capture when a video temporarily has a pause, such as black screen for several seconds. The program has stopped several times while attempting to capture a video with pauses. Tried making it capture for a specified time and it still stops capturing if there is a significant pause.

1 answer to this question

Any way to stop the program from stopping the capture when a video temporarily has a pause, such as black screen for several seconds. The program has stopped several times while attempting to capture a video with pauses. Tried making it capture for a specified time and it still stops capturing if there is a significant pause.

I have never been able to duplicate this problem???

I would Record for 30 seconds then Stop. Press Play to create a break, then Stop. Then Record for 30 more seconds…

The ‘breaks’ I created were, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 1 minute long.

Tried that tape in 2 different VCRs and captured with 3 different PCs. Not one will stop recording or lose signal!!!

Only thing I can suggest is that you make sure you have the SP2 for V2D installed – look in Help-About in the Version Number.

Then make sure your connections are good, twist them or plug them in and out a few times.

I believe one user who was plagued with this used a 'pass through' method, VCR connected to TV and Capture Device connected to the TV's output…

Give those a try and let us know how you make out.